Annoying Friends

Katniss and the Rebels

Chapter 7: Annoying Friends

AN: Hello my lovely readers. I thought we needed to see more of the great Finnick Odair and his friends so they are in this chapter here to annoy and tease Katniss and Peeta about their friendship (future relationship I promise) while Madge sits and watches like the brilliant friend she is. I hope you enjoy this chapter this is in Katniss POV again but I will do more Peeta POV if you want.

Katniss POV

"Hello ladies! Isn't it a lovely, gorgeous, fantastic day?"

Madge and I look at each other and each raise an eyebrow then we look up at Finnick Odair (aka the most popular guy in our school) puts his lunch tray down beside me and sits himself onto the chair next to me.

Madge and I look at Finnick silently asking him

'What the hell are you doing here Odair?'

But we don't ask him that because that would be rude. No townies ever sit with us...well ok Madge 'technically' is a townie but she is cool and none of the townies talk to her because she is the mayor's daughter. We were just waiting for Gale, Darius and Thom when Finnick comes along armed with his 'group'

"It's raining Odair" I point out to him answering his question that he asked before he rudely decided to join us as if he owns the place.

"My dear dear Katniss why do you always have to look upon the negative sides of life? Because darling without rain there would be no water and without water we would all die of dehydration. In conclusion today is a beautiful day because it is the reason that we are alive"

Yeah Finnick usually acts like this and I don't even know him that well. Another reason why he shouldn't be sitting beside me is that Madge and I barley know him.

"Finnick stop annoying people!" Annie Cresta says crossly and I am surprised when she hits him on the head then sits beside him. I think Annie is his girlfriend they act like it anyway you never see one without the other except for the classes in which they are not together for.

I look at Madge again who is sitting across from me and her face is showing the same shock that I'm sure my face is wearing as well. But Finnick and Annie apparently aren't the only ones that will be joining us today.

"Finnick you have a girlfriend why do you insist on flirting with every girl you see?" asked Thresh.

"Hey that's unfair Thresh I haven't flirted with Undersee yet!" Finnick said in mock astonishment then faces Madge, "Which remind me, hi" The way he says it reminds me of Flynn Ryder from Tangled (which Prim and her friend Rue forced me to watch with them). Madge just blinks and her cheeks flush and Finnick grins. I frown at him and again wonder why they are here.

That's when, from the corner of my eye, I see Peeta with his tray of food looking around the cafeteria for his friends who are coincidently sitting with me. I'm not surprised that he is confused Finnick and them always sit over in the middle but Madge and I like to sit in the corner by the windows near the other people from the Seam. Madge and I are the only exception in our school of Town and Seam folk sitting together. And that's only because I have been told that I don't have the friendliest attitude and like I said Madge is the mayor's daughter so they feel intimidated by her for whatever reason.

"Peeta! Over here" Finnick yells across the room.

Most of the school had been staring at our table before but after that everybody is staring at us. I try to slide down in my chair. I hate attention, I don't mind it when I am on stage in the Hob because I know everybody there. But in school I am 100% fine with staying under the radar. I can feel the glare that the Careers are giving me right now. I am silently begging that none of the Rebels come in while the townies are here.