Chapter Thirty Seven

2 November 2012 – Friday

Burkesville, Kentucky

Usually the bride cried on her wedding day.

Today was different.

The groom cried.  He blubbered against his stepfathers shoulder.

 “It’s just stress.”  Adam said soothingly.  “You’ve had a huge few months.”  

Caelum nodded, giving a sniff.  “This is shit.  I'm marrying someone I hate.  I hate her with a passion.  She’s an obnoxious bitch.”

Adam nodded.  “You made this decision Cae, you chose this.”

 “I know that.”  He snapped in return.  “I know why I’m doing it; I’m just so fucking tired.”

Adam sighed.  Wishing desperately he could tell his stepson that he didn’t have to.  However, he knew that Caelum wouldn’t back down from his decision.  He was doing it for his unborn son.

 “She said I could name him.”  Caelum said absently.

 “Do you have any ideas?”

 “I like Vincent.  I haven’t decided on a middle name.  I’d like something traditional.”

 “Michael?”

Caelum laughed.  “No.  That wouldn’t fit.  I’m thinking John.”

 “Biblical.  Traditional.  Vincent John McLloyd.”  

Caelum nodded.  “Yeah, I like that.  Fourteen weeks and I will know for sure.”

Angellica poked her head through the door.  “It’s time.”  She said.

 “Oh fuck.”  Caelum patted his breast pocket.  The pre-nuptial agreement sat in there, next to his heart.  He stood.  “I’m ready.”

Angellica closed the door.

Adam stood.  “Let’s get to it then.”

Caelum nodded, and left the room with his stepfather close behind.

 “You need to push Juliette.”  Caelum said.

 “Fuck off you asshole.  You put this thing in here, you fucking push!”  She screamed in his face.

Caelum smiled, “You’re doing fantastic.”  He said, the words dripping in sarcasm.

 “Get out, you’re no help.”

Juliette lay on her back.  Her pretty face covered in sweat.  Her heaving body distorted and disgusting.  

 “I am not going anywhere, not till I have my son.”

 “You pig.”  She snapped.

 “You slut.”  He retorted.

 “You knew the whole time about Nathaniel, didn’t you?”

Caelum nodded, and smiled.  It spread into a grin as another contraction took away her ability to speak.

 “Please Juliette, you need to push.”  The midwife begged.

Juliette let out a huge grunt and gave an almighty push.

 “Good girl.”  The midwife said, patting her on the leg.  “He’s crowning.”

 “Oh Jesus, how much longer is this going to take?”  Juliette gasped.

 “Not long sweetie.”  The buxom woman said not really meaning it.