Chapter Ten

Let me know what you think of Adam and Damien.....

Thanks <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 June 1986 – Wednesday

Richmond, Kentucky

The first time Angellica saw him, she was awe struck.  His dark hair and vivid green eyes stood out.  He didn’t talk to her; she just spotted him in the hallway on her morning walk.  She stopped in her tracks and leaned on her crutches to watch him walk past.

The man didn’t look at her.  He didn’t even see her.

Angellica felt dejected.  She felt so ugly.

Angellica had turned seventeen the month before, and had celebrated with Blake, Georgia and their daughter, Ella.  They had stayed most of the day and Ella had been very good, considering she was stuck indoors at the hospital.  They had managed to convince the doctors to put Angellica in a wheelchair and take her for a walk into the gardens.  However, she had tired very quickly in the sunshine.  

Her parents had come into the hospital with gifts but only stayed a short time.  Now that she was awake and moving around again her mother and father didn’t spend as much time with her.  

Her father had gone back to work in the furniture factory a few weeks before and her mother had found a part time job working in a flower shop.  They both seemed very happy and confident things were going well with her recovery.

Francine, the suicidal girl in the bed next door to her had gone home a week after Angellica had come out of her coma, and she hadn’t had a roommate since then.  She was pleased that she had her room to herself.

Angellica was very pleased with herself that she had managed to stay awake long enough to enjoy her birthday.  

She was also pleased that she was walking with the crutches in the hallway by herself now.  

She wasn’t so pleased that she didn’t get the green eyed mans’ attention.  He stopped at the room next to hers and looked into the door, smiled and stepped in.

Angellica turned around and walked back in the other direction.  She was still slow and her legs felt like lead but she was faster than she had been in the last few days and her weight had gone up to 48 kilograms since she had woken in the hospital.

She shuffled past her room and stopped near the room next door.

 “Right then George, we’re going to get you on your feet today.”

There was shuffling in the room.

 “Good, now hold onto me George.” The voice said.

Angellica wondered if the voice belonged to the green-eyed man.  She wanted to look in but thought against it, so she leaned against the wall and listened.

 “Damien, can you come here and help me with your father?”

A chair creaked, “What can I do?”

 “Let’s get him to the walker.”

 “I don’t want to.” Said a third voice.

Angellica decided that was George.

 “Now Dad, you need to get moving again.”

 “I’m too old son, just let me lie down.”

There was a laugh, “And I’m too stubborn.” Said Damien, the second voice. “There was a girl in the hall way going slower than you.”

Angellica felt her heart quicken.  He did notice her.  She left then, and headed down the hallway to the television room, to wait for her pureed breakfast.