Chapter Twelve

Caution: Major Violence in this Chapter

Consider yourselves warned

------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 January 1988 – Saturday

Danville, Kentucky

Damien and Angellica celebrated their marriage on the 9th of January 1988.  They were both beautiful and surrounded in their family and friends.  They spent the day dancing, and kissing.  They spent the evening making love in their hotel room and the next three weeks at a resort in Honolulu that Angellica never dreamed existed.  Angellica felt like a Queen, Damien waited on her, he would not allow anyone into the room except for housekeeping to change their bed, and bring new towels.  They spent three weeks diving, swimming, bicycle riding, dancing, drinking and eating.  They spent three weeks making love in the shower, on the beach, anywhere they wanted.  Anywhere but the bed.

Angellica was in heaven.

Until the day they moved into their new home in Danville.

Angellica went to Hell.

Her horses had been sold to Romana, without her knowledge.

Romana had been removed from her life because of Damien.  She had distanced herself in the last few weeks and seemed as though she couldn’t wait to get rid of her.

She had no access to Georgia, Blake or Ella.  

Their home number had been changed and Angellica couldn’t find it.  No one knew it, or no one wanted to help her find it.

Angellica had found her own personal hell.

She went into the kitchen where Damien was unpacking boxes.  He had his back to her; she stood and admired his form.  He had broad shoulders and being 6 foot 5 inches, he was almost a full foot taller than she was.  His dark hair curled around his collar and as he bent and twisted, she could see the muscles in his back working.  She crept up behind him and curled her arms around him.  He jumped.

 “Can I help?” She asked.

Damien turned and looked at her.  He had a look in his eyes that she had never seen before, he was cold, and looked angry, “If you must.” He said.

Angellica nodded, “Yes please.” She started on a box of dinner plates sitting on the bench.

She looked through the cupboards and found one that would hold the plates and be close to the serving area.

She had it nearly half full when Damien yelled at her, “Not that cupboard!”

She saw the plate falling before she registered what he had said.  It hit the ground with a loud smash and shattered on the tiles.

 “You clumsy little bitch!”

Angellica turned to him, “I’m sorry.” She said, “I’ll clean it up, don’t worry.”

 “Don’t worry?” He stepped over a box and grabbed her by the arm as she bent to pick up the larger pieces.  It was no big deal as far as she was concerned.

 “You’ve always been so clumsy.” He snapped and tipped her over backwards.  

The back of her legs caught on a box and she fell backwards landing on her backside, biting her tongue. 

 “See!” He shouted, “Clumsy!”  He stepped over the box and dragged her to her feet.

Angellica could taste the blood in her mouth and was sure there was a chunk missing.