Chapter Twenty Four

15 January 2006 – Sunday

Burkesville, Kentucky

Adam and Angellica spent the weekend together.  A blissful weekend of making love and spending time together.  They ate with Azhure and Caelum.  But spent a lot of their time away from the kids.

Caelum was stuck in his room with the computer and PlayStation.

Azhure went out to visit her new friend Luke.

Angellica and Adam spent the weekend in bed.

Sunday morning arrived and Angellica looked at Adam, sleeping beside her.

 “This can’t be real.”  She whispered to him.

He didn’t stir.

She rolled off the bed and moved to the window.  She could see The Admiral in his corral.  Jewel must have let him out.  He was trotting the perimeter.

Angellica turned back to the bed, and Adam smiled at her.

 “I assure you it is real.”  He said.

 “Let’s go riding.”  She said.

Adam laughed, “Come on then.”  He said, lifting the covers.

Angellica ducked into her bathroom and called out, “I’ve been neglecting my horse, and he’ll be going a bit mental, I can’t take him up the hill tomorrow full of beans.”

Adam groaned, “Have you got a horse for me?”

She poked her head around the corner.  “You can choose, but I think you will like Catcher.  He and Admiral get on really well.”

Adam nodded, “You choose, I trust you.”

She smiled.  “Excellent, come have a shower, then we can go down.”

 “Deal.”  Adam flicked the covers back and followed her into the bathroom.

Forty minutes later Angellica and Adam made it to the stable block, and Jewel appeared from the tack building.

 “I thought maybe you’d died.”  She said to Angellica.

Adam laughed.  “No, I prefer her alive.”  He said, tucking his arm around Angellica.

Jewel stared at him.

 “Jewel, this is Adam, he is a,” She paused, grinning.  “A friend from a few years back.”

Jewel nodded slowly, “I see.”  She said, smiling.

Angellica gave her a gentle push.  “Can you get Catcher for me and bring him to The Admiral’s please?”

 “No problem.”  She turned and jogged away.

Angellica took Adam by the hand and started towards her chestnut stallion, still trotting around his corral.

 “He’s a bit jumpy around people, so try not to get in his way.”

Adam nodded as Angellica opened the 6-foot gate and stepped through.  

Adam climbed up on the bottom railing to watch her.

She went into his box and returned with halter and whip.

The Admiral dropped his head, and Adam could hear Angellica laugh.

He smiled.

 “It’s likely, he will bolt to you, try not to scream.”  Angellica called out.