The plan and the pretense

"Assalamu alaikum aunty!" Shaifa and Haya greeted Sameera.

"Wa alaikumwassalam! Come in! Zaina is in upstairs." Said Sameera and went back to her magazine.

But Shaifa and Haya sat with Sameera in the sofa and relaxed themselves. Confused Sameera looked at them for a second and got back to her magazine.

"Aunty if you don't mind can we get a cup of coffee?" Asked Shaifa.
"What..!? Ah yeah sure!" Said Sameera and after sometime she came with two cups of coffee and some biscuits as well.
"Thankyou aunty!" Said the two and started to drink.
"If its not to meet Zaina.., what made your'll come here?" Asked Sameera in the best normal voice with a smile.

"Ah that one? Actually... we are not in good terms with Zaina!" Said Haya.

"What? Are your'll serious? What went wrong between your'll? Your'll were as close as flower and sent!" Hinted Sameera with a light smirk.

"Actually aunty.., even we were not that satisfied with Hafiya's family!! We said this to Zaina and explained her that Hakam is not a perfect suitor for her.. For that.. We had... a little dispute between us!" Said Haya with a huge sigh.

"Ohh! Not to worry dear! She'll be fine!" Said Sameera.

"And also aunty.., did you hear that Hakam is having a business loss? I heard my brother talking about it with Moma and he was telling that it was good that you opposed this marriage! Thanks to you!" Said Shaifa in a sincere tone.

"Really?" Asked Sameera almost surprised.

"Yeah" said Shaifa.
Sameera went speechless and it was obvious that disappointment filled her face.

Haya, started a conversation with Shaifa by avoiding Sameera's shock.

"Shaifa! Guess what? Yesterday, Rifa messaged me!" Said Haya in a more louder voice to make sure that Sameera hear them.

"Oh seriously? What's up with her?" Asked Shaifa.

"Actually, she too said me the same thing that Hakam is going through a business loss and his personal life is also a flop. And now he is in a tragical
condition." Said Haya.

"Ohh poor soul! Then?" Asked Shaifa and through the corner of her eyes she noted that Sameera is so inquisitive in their conversation.

"Then what! She asked for my help!" Said Haya.

"What? Your help?" Asked Shaifa.
"Yep!" Said Haya.

"What sort of help is she expecting from you? To return her brother's debt?" Asked Shaifa in a bored tone.

"No men! She asked me wether can I console Sameera aunty to make the marriage work!" Said Shaifa in a surprised and annoyed voice.

"Oh seriously? Now her brother is in debt and she wanted Zaina to get married to the guy with nothing! Hilarious! So what did you say?" Asked Shaifa in a curious way.

"I said her that um sorry to hear Hakam's critical condition. But I can't talk to Sameera aunty in-order to make this marriage work because her word once said is a word. And we can't do anything about it." Said Haya.
On hearing this, Sameera felt quite proud of herself.

After a few moment of silence,
"Aunty!" Called Haya pretending to believe that Sameera wouldn't have heard the last few words of their conversation.

"Why love?" Asked Sameera.
"Aunty is it ok?" Asked Haya.

Sameera, pretended to be like nothing happened, acted normal by asking what was it.

Haya said Sameera her reply to Rifa's request.

"Ohh that one! But actually.., from what you say.., and.. By looking at the boy's pity condition.., I feel.... sorry for him! And even Zaina is not that happy about the disapproval for the marriage! So.. I thought of giving a second thought! And Haya, I'll inform my decision very soon dear and you can then say Rifa." Said Sameera-the drama queen, in a sorrowful voice and she got lost in her own thoughts with a slight self satisfied smirk as if she is pretending to read the magazine.

Haya, pretending as if she got a call from her mom and they both took their leave from Sameera's place.