Unexpected things really do happen.

Its been one week after Hana's wedding, the house is back to normal. Zaina, although wasn't close with Hana, felt her absence in the house.

    Maybe her mom is missing her elder sister alot thought Zaina to herself.
Planning to make herself busy by reading a storybook like usual, she chose HarryPotter.

    This might be the hundredth time she is reading it.
     Seated near the window side with the book, she started to read, but some thoughts kept on distracting her; the encounters she had with Hakam. She tried to compress all her thoughts and bring her mind into reading, but she couldn't read more than three pages.

     She has lost her inner peace with in her. Maybe, it is because of the involuntary displeasing encounters to Allah of her with Hakam, Zaina thought. Keeping the book away, Zaina thought of praying two rakah nafl prayers and repel from all the sins she has committed purposely and not purposely.

    After the prayers and recitals, she felt the lost inner-peace has returned.
The unbreakable relationship she had with Allah, like everyone, is the only thing which gave her courage to withhold the sorrows within her.

    And then she remembered on how Hakam suggested to recite 'Ayathul-qursi' at hard times. She thanked Allah for granting her with such a future-husband.

     She imagined at the thought of what if she had rejected the proposal, and quickly quitted the thought away from her mind, because evil minds always think the otherwise; that was one of her logic.

"Zain, can I come in?" Knocked her Ma.
"Wait what? Did Ma just called me 'Zain'" thought Zaina. Distracting herself from the thoughts, she ran to the door and opened it.

   "What is it Ma?" Zaina asked looking at her Ma.

   Her mom, looking straightly just walked inside Zaina's room and sighed. Confused Zaina, followed her mom behind and kept quite expecting her mom to talk.

   "So are you happy with your proposal?" Asked Sameera, Zaina's mom. Zaina felt her mom's voice unusual. It was filled with concern.

     "Alhamdhulillah Ma. I believe in Allah and his Qadr. Allah will only give the best to me." Zaina said with an assuring smile. Talking to her mom in this way was just like a fantasy, she thought to herself.

It took complete two minutes for Sameera to absorb what Zaina was saying. "Ma!" Called Zaina just to make sure Sameera was in her sense.
As if she had shaken off from a deep thought, she looked at Zaina.

To Zaina's shock,
"I know! Hakam is Masha Allah a good boy. The man dreams of a perfect woman and the woman dreams of a perfect man and they don't know that Allah has created them to perfect one another. That is how it happens! I'm happy that you are fine with this proposal." Said Sameera, staring at the wall in front.

These words were enhancing a new ray of happiness in Zaina's heart as her Ma was saying like this.

Things were so perfect at the very moment, until her Ma started to speak further, with a huge sigh she looked at Zaina.

"Zaina, uh-I received a call from Hafiya, please have a grip! Its.. That Hakam's met... with an accident..! And now he is serious in the hospital!"

     A tear escaped from her Ma's eyes. Zaina, who didn't expect such a thing from her Ma's mouth, she didn't know how to react.

    After all she didn't even know wether to believe her Ma's words at the very moment. She stood still and felt the whole world's turning gloomy.

"Zaina?" Sameera tapped on her shoulder. No reaction. This time her mom was panicked by Zaina's motionless act.

    For the first time in years, she hugged Zaina and rubbed her gently saying,
"Zaina.... Stay strong"
Zaina, who was in the crest of emotions, bursted into tears on her Ma's shoulder whereas she couldn't control the pain that rouse within her.

   Sameera didn't speak a word. She just left Zaina to finish. She moved Zaina to the bed and made her sit beside her. Zaina sobbed so hardly like all her happiness were fading away.

  "Ma.... i..s it beecuz.. Of me.. Ma? Um.. Uh-i such.. a bad Omen..?" Sobbed Zaina even harder.

  Sameera who didnt expect Zaina to be so serious about this proposal as she knew that Zaina haven't even spoke to him through the phone just to create a stronger bond between them. She started panicking even more.

    As Zaina has had a bad encounter in her small age which effected her badly, she feared something of that sort might happen this time either. Sameera didn't know that Hakam will mean alot to Zaina.

   She started to get a feeling that things are running out of hand.
She made Zaina lay on her lap and she brushed Zaina's hair with her hand.

    "Zain, asthagfirullah! Never talk things that displease Allah! He tests the people whom he loves the most. He loves to see people coming towards him, asking for help. He loves you! Trust me! He never test a soul unless it can bear it...!" Said Sameera.

   Absorbing the most of what her mom was saying, Zaina fell asleep on her Ma's lap.
****
Waking up from a deep sleep by the sound of someone knocking the room's door, Zaina stared in confusion and to realize that it was all a dream, whereas she had slept in the 'musalah' after the prayers.

  Zaina got to her feet and pleaded for forgiveness and asked Allah to not to make it true; although she got the chance to sleep in her Ma's lap and being caressed by her. In her dreams.

This time the door's knocks turned even louder and that brought Zaina into her sense. With a puffy eyes, Zaina went and opened the door.
To her amusement and disappointment, it was Rifa!!!