"Just don't leave me alone Ya Rabb not even for a second!"

Plastered with a fake smile on her face after a half an hour of cryings and sobbings, Zaina made herself comfortable in the couch and recited all the duas that raised confident with in a person. Its not that she was scared, it is that she fears her social anxiety might empower her.

     She heard footsteps leading towards her room. It was getting closer.., then she saw the door's knob slightly unlocking.., her heart was beating faster, faster as if it was going to come out! The beat of her heart can be heard outside. She felt it.

     The knob was unlocked, and the door was slightly opened, and a head peeped in. For Zaina's relief it was Hana. Although Hana and Zaina had many arguments between them, she wanted Hana the best at the moment. Hana pushed open the door fully. And there stood an unknown face, wearing a leopard print frock, which in a way looked like an abaya.

  Clueless Zaina stoodup to welcome the new face. They both made their way towards her, while Zaina saw another face wearing a black abaya too came into sight and it too was clueless.

"Assalamu alaikum.... Ehh Zaina! Zaina.., if um not wrong! (Wink) daz ur name right? Masha Allah! You look great."
     One of the two strangers who was wearing the leopard print frock, hugged Zaina and complimented her.
With a lip stretched on either side, Zaina nodded with a jazakallah.
"I'm Reema. Hakam's elder sister! Hope you know who Hakam is." Asked the same leopard print frock in a mocking tone. Zaina, who was blank, looked at Hana.

     "Ofcourse, she knows who Hakam is. C'mon Reema, will anyone be idealess about their future- insha-allah life partner." Winked Hana. Zaina's mind was worser than a cob-web.
Knowing the tensed background, Zaina picked up some keywords in Reema's and Hana's conversation, finally knew that her insha-allah MUST marry guy's name was Hakam.

     Her heart was crying and yearning to yell at the three of them to leave her alone. Suppressing all her worry into one whole lump, she swallowed it and smiled at Reema.

"Ahh.. Seems like Zaina is nervous! By-the-way, I'm Rifa. Hakam bhai's one and only loving baby sister." The other stranger introduced herself to Zaina and pulled her into a big bear hug.

   Rifa who was quiet from the time of her arrival, spoke for the first time, and Zaina thought that maybe Rifa was analyzing her all those time.
    But she looked like a bubbly one. After looking at Rifa, Zaina felt a bit of relief. Atleast their is someone who seem really friendly, she thought to herself.

"Is Zaina really a quiet one or she is that shy bride, who wants time to move on?!" Asked Reema.

    Blank Zaina, again looked at Hana. Hana was so pissed with Zaina, but controlling her anger within herself,
"Oops.., who? Zaina?! My god Reema! Once you become friends with her, and then you'll see!" Winked Hana towards Zaina.

Thats a lie! Thats really a pathetic lie. Zaina thought to herself. Its as if Hana is comforting them with all sort lies to make this marriage work. Zaina glanced at Hana.

"Mhmm.. Its not exactly like that. I'm usually a book-holic. And uhh.. Actually um not that talkative!" Said Zaina the truth. Because after-all its her life. And atlast she understood.
Hana threw a confused-look and Zaina neglected her.

    "Ohh..! Even Hakam bhai is a bookworm. He has a mini library in his room. Whoa!" Rifa stroked her hands together in excitement while Zaina smiled at Rifa. Zaina loved that girl.

After a minute of awkward silence,
"Gals! When are we letting both the love birds to see each other and make them talk? C'mon, let's take Zaina downstairs." Said Reema.
And they headed downstairs.
Zaina's heart was beating like a morning-alarm.

"Make it easy for me!! Just don't leave me alone, Ya Rabb, not even for a second!" Zaina repeated this for more than a one hundredth time. Her face was flushing as she kept every single step towards downstairs.
It was the final step she kept to reach the downstairs. And she quickly grabbed a hand beside her, it was Rifa's. And Zaina didn't know. It was involuntary. She felt warm. But she was about to drop it quickly as soon as she realized that it was Rifa's hand.
Rifa, held it tightly and gave an its-okay look with a pleasant smile.

Though Zaina felt guilty at first, the warmth of Rifa's hand gave a confidence with in herself. "God! This girl is really awesome!" Thought Zaina to herself.

    Four of them headed towards the hall. Zaina saw her mom coming towards her, at first she was upset at the sight of Zaina holding her future sister-in-law's hand, but managed herself with a smile after looking at Rifa's cheery attitude towards Zaina. Zaina's mom, took her to the hall, while others made their way.

    Zaina, felt herself as a chameleon. She was red and she knew it. And she felt really embarrassing. She wished for the floor to swallow her inside.

Rifa, who noticed Zaina's awkwardness, came and stood beside her by holding her hands. Zaina was really grateful towards Rifa. Rifa nodded understandingly. Zaina thought that Rifa was the best sister-in-law she can ever have.

"This is my daughter Zaina. Zaina this is Hakam." Zaina's mom introduced them to each other. 'Ya allah! This is totally embarrassing.' thought Zaina.

"Masha allah Zaina! You look gorgeous!" Said a lady. And Zaina thought that it might be Hakam's mom. Zaina nodded with a smile saying Jazakallah. But she didn't even look at Hakam's face, infact she was looking down.

She felt her eye-lids were so heavy, as if they were packed with some huge rock. She couldn't raise them to see her future-husband's face.

"Assalamu alaikum!" She heard a guy's voice. Wait what?! No doubt it was Hakam. She said to herself. She felt her self turning into a tomato. That means she really likes the guy? Maybe it's because she likes his sister Rifa. Plus if her parents are ok with him means, she WILL have to marry him no matter what.

Now what's her option? Yes, Zaina has to reply for the Salam. His voice was so gentle and comforting to Zaina.
Swallowing hard, she replied for the Salam.

"Do you want to speak to my bhai in private?" Hushed Rifa.
Thunderstruck Zaina, quickly looked at Rifa and then dropped her head down. Then Rifa moved towards her brother and asked the same question towards him. Hakam nodded and winked.

Zaina, raised her eyelids abit to see what Rifa was doing, at that moment she involuntarily looked at Hakam. Their eyes' met. Hakam too was looking at her. She didn't realize that. She went blank for a second. She wasn't a fan of love at the first sight. But this was magical.

"Ehmm ehmm..!" It was Rifa. Hakam and Zaina, both of them quickly distracted themselves from the eye-lock.
The situation was so embarrassing for both of them.

"Sameera, how about making them talk in private? Let Rifa go with them, if you don't mind?" Asked the polite woman, Hakam's mother to Zaina's mother.
"Ohh yeah! Let them talk!" Said Zaina's mom. And again this unexpected answer of her mom, left Zaina thunderstruck.
****