He'd Never Hurt Me

CHAPTER 38:

Tuesday, 24th December 2013

HARRY'S POV

It was the 24th today. And damn cold. So that meant it was time for Christmas Eve and... Louis' birthday.

I shut off my phone when the alarm buzzed, as I was already wide awake. Rubbing my red rimmed eyes, I took a glance at the mirror and grimacing at the sight, went straight to the bathroom.

"Hey lovely," Mum greeted me softly as I walked out to the kitchen and sat on the table. She came over and kissed my head, setting down a plate of scrambled eggs and toast in front of me.

"Mornin' mum," I replied to her hoarsely.

"You've packed everything, yeah?" Mum asked me and I nodded in reply. We were leaving for Sheffield tonight, where Robin lived. Oh, did I mention that my mum and Robin were now dating? I seriously couldn't be happier for them.

"Oh, it's going to be so much fun!" Mum gushed, her eyes shining.

"Yeah, it will be." I murmured half-heartedly.

Mum glanced at me in sympathy. "Has he...?"

"No," I croaked, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Don't worry Harry, he will," Mum assured me, and giving me a kiss on the cheek, she patted my shoulder before going to the living room to relax with her tea.

I finished my breakfast quietly, placed the dishes in the sink and trudged back to my room to rot in my bed. As it was winter break, school and work were both off. So, I had a lot of free time on my hands.

Free time, that I sure as hell didn't need, especially right now. 'Cos whenever my mind is free, I start worrying about him. I start worrying about Zayn.

Zayn. The day he told his parents about us, and ever since that day we talked on the hill, he hasn't talked to me. At all.

Zayn had said that he needed some time. I gave him time. I gave him a week. But he should at least tell me if he's okay, damn it!

For the past week, I keep trying his cell, but it always switches to voice-mail. I must've left him at least 500 texts by now, and I'm slowly losing my mind. I ran my hands over my face as I sat on the edge of my bed, snatching up my phone and dialing Zayn.

No answer, no answer, no answer... voicemail.

GOD DAMN IT! I threw my phone across the wall and pulled at my curls in frustration. I'm not a violent person but this time, my emotions were too damn much for me to control. I felt tears stinging at the corners of my eyes but I forced them back, looking up at the ceiling.

Why isn't he answering?

He should at least tell me SOMETHING?

Are we done now? Is he really acting on what his Dad said and not talking to me forever?

Oh God, these questions were going to drive me mad! I can't even go to his house to check up on him, 'cos he had told me not to. He had asked me to leave him alone.

But there is so much I can actually tolerate. Why is he doing this? Don't I deserve an answer? Why isn't he strong enough to face his damn problems instead of switching off his phone and hiding in his own house like a coward.

He is a coward!

My phone vibrated and my heart leaped out of my chest as I snatched it up inhumanely fast, pressing it to my ear.