The Tutor

CHAPTER 7:

"We've got a bit of love/hate, you take me to the edge then you hit the brakes." ~Na Na Na, One Direction.

Monday, 12th August 2013

ZAYN'S POV

It's almost time for my party, bitches. Yeah, it's all everyone's talking about right now. About Zayn Malik's party that's gonna happen soon. 'But when?' is the question, and everyone is waiting for the answer. And I'm putting everyone out of their misery today, right now at the cafeteria.

I nudged Liam. "Li I'm telling everyone about the party now!"

"Uh-huh. Good for you," he muttered distractedly and I rolled my eyes. Liam had his gaze fixed on Danielle who was sitting in the table across from us and it looked to me like they were having eye sex.

"God Liam why don't you two find a janitor's closet or something?" I teased and he elbowed me playfully.

"Babe when are you gonna make the announcement for the party?" Perrie asked giddily.

"Right now actually."

I got up from my chair and climbed the table. And I sure as hell won't get in trouble for it. 'Cos I'm Zayn Malik, that's why. I called everyone's attention. "Vas happenin' everyone?!"

"So who's ready for this year's party?" And I was answered with cheers.

"Good good! I have such lovely and fun-loving people in my school." Everyone laughed at that. "So the party will be at my house, next week!" I announced and everyone cheered again.

"My work here is done," I murmured to myself and jumped down from the table. Now I need something entertaining to happen right now, I'm bored. And... what's more interesting than making fun of the wannabe hipster?

"Listen up guys!" I started again. "All of you are invited to my party except curly-haired nerds," I remarked and a few people snickered.

"I just don't like curly-haired nerds at my party. Or more specifically curly haired nerds named Harry." What I said wasn't that funny but still everyone started laughing and Harry looked pissed. Not nervous like he always does, but pissed. Which in turn made me snicker.

Amusement provided, mission accomplished.

Just as I was about to get back into my lunch, Liam elbowed me sharply. "Ow! What man?"

He just nudged his head in the direction of a very pissed off Harry Styles making his way to my table. Everyone was watching him approach, waiting for an interesting spat to ensue.

"What is your problem Zayn?" He asked me bravely, but still his voice shook a little. Ho ho ho! What is this I'm seeing? When did he get so bold?

"What ever do you mean?" I asked him oh so innocently and he scowled.

Harry took a deep breath. "I mean ever since freshman year when I moved here, you've been making fun of me, hurting me. What is your reason? Have I done something to hurt you unintentionally? Why do you have a grudge against me? Or do you like to make fun of me just for the sake of it?"

I think this is the fastest and the most I've heard him speak. It's a record! I thought over his words. Why do I tease him? Bully him? Just for my amusement? Of course. That's exactly the reason. But I can't help but feel in the back of my mind that there's another reason for what I do.

"I'll say... just for the sake of it." I winked.

"Somehow I don't believe that. I think there's some other reason you just don't get bored of teasing me," he spoke confidently.

"Yeah. Just to rile you up," I shrugged. "You never got mad before, but now you do so it's a lot more fun." And I shot him a cheeky wink.

"You're unbelievable," he muttered and giving me a look that was supposed to be threatening, he got back to his seat. Hah! A cupcake can never be threatening!

But I was still not over this pissed off, a bit confident, no-nonsense Harry. He made me feel weird. Where did he come from all of a sudden and where has the stuttering, nervous Harry gone? Hmph, another new mystery.

"Zayn, we're going to the movies after school, ok?" Perrie told me.

"Nah, sorry Perrie. Some other time?" She looked a little hurt.

"Why not?" She demanded.

I shrugged. "Just don't feel like it." What was she gonna do, force me?

"Ugh, forget about it!" She spat and abruptly got up from the table, exiting the cafeteria. Damn! Why do girls make the littlest of things so big and then get upset over them? And why isn't this godforsaken lunch break ending?

My prayers were answered when the bell rung moments later, and I bid farewell to my friends and headed to my next class: History. The class which I had with Harry. This will be interesting.

~*~

Mr. Sanders tsked and placed the test paper on my desk. "Another D, Mr. Malik. You need to bring your grades up before the term exams!" Shit! Normally I'd be unfazed about the teacher's remarks on my grades, 'cos studying was just not my forte. But this time, my Dad had warned me that if I didn't get an overall B grade, I can kiss my new motorbike goodbye. So you can understand why I was a bit panicked right now.

"Can I make up for this test?" I asked and Mr. Sanders' eyes bulged out. "Uh ye-yes. The make up test is this Friday."

"Perfect."

"Would you like me to provide you a tutor?" I guess I should say yes. I'll indure a know-it-all nerd, just for the sake of my shiny motorbike.

"Yeah, ok."

~*~

Class ended and Mr. Sanders stopped me. Then he stopped— oh damn! He stopped Harry Styles as well and he scowled and looked away when he saw me. The feeling's mutual, babe.

"Mr. Styles, Mr. Malik is failing in History and needs a tutor until the next make up test." The teacher informed the curly bastard.

He snickered then turned it into a cough. "Sure Mr. Sanders. I'll be happy to be the tutor." The teacher nodded gratefully, like the biggest problem in his life had just been solved.

I stalked out of the class with a huff and Harry followed, amused. Why wasn't he scared of me anymore? Why wasn't I being compelled to hurt him anymore? The fucker had a michevious glint in his eye. Oh, out of all the nerds in that godforsaken class, it just had to be him, eh? 

You really want to mess with me, whoever's up there.

I abruptly stopped and turned around to unwillingly give Curly the details, and apparently he was following me a bit too closely and before I knew it, he collided with me, hard.

"Uh, sorry about that," he blushed and pulled his face out of my chest. Well, that was not what I was aiming for. An that felt weird, again. Weird.

I just huffed annoyedly. "Listen here Curly. I really need to pass this test. So be at my house tomorrow an hour after school 'cos I have practice. Got it?"

He nodded, still blushing. Was he blushing 'cos he'd just ran into me or was he nervous about tomorrow? Probably the latter.

Well, tomorrow will be eventful. And probably filled with chances to find out more embarrassing things about my tutor, to use against him. Or it could backfire.

~*~

~ le gif on the side is killing me! xD check it out! --->

There's your mini Zarry spat! Harry finally grew some balls so now Zayn isn't bullying him, just amusedly teasing him in a love/hate manner, wey hey! :D

VOTE VOTE VOTE! :*

**Next update after 17 votes, 3 comments and 75 reads! x**

Preview of the next chapter: You'll learn why/how Harry's became confident and he's gonna go to Zayn's house to tutor him. Alone. O.O

~bemycupcake xx