Pretend

CHAPTER 26:

"Maybe I just gotta wait, maybe this is a mistake. I'm a fool, yeah." ~Last First Kiss, One Direction.

Monday, 7th October 2013

ZAYN'S POV

Finally, the day we all had been waiting for, the day we had practiced our asses off for, was here.

The day of the season's first big lacrosse game. The first game that's like the very first impression for us. And the first impression, is the lasting impression.

Coach was a bundle of nerves and anxiety right now, and we were not far off from feeling like that either.

So us, the whole Junior's lacrosse team, was in the locker room right now, discussing strategy and being pep talked by Coach.

"Remember what I told y'all, play like this is the last game you'll play. Don't bring me down boys, I'm depending on you." And with that, Coach Shay gave each of us a pat on the shoulder as he passed.

Now it was Liam, the captain's turn to give a motivating speech. "Okay guys. Just like Coach said before. This game is like our first impression. Remember each and every point we went over in practice, your mistakes, every tiniest detail. All of those are important. And make them work in the field. We need to win this for Coach, team effort. Right?"

"RIGHT!"

"Would you like the Birmingham players standing as winners on our field?"

"HELL NO!" We chorused.

"Then let's kick some Birmingham ass!" Liam called out and all of us cheered. The other lads walked out to get ready and Liam and I hanged behind.

"You did great, mate," I clapped Liam on the back. "We'll do our best. You're an amazing captain, don't worry."

Liam sighed. "I'm more worried about the team work. You know how it happens between the guys on the field sometimes."

Before I could respond, the door to the locker room opened and Harry walked in.

"Phew! Just in time," He gave me a dimpled grin and walked over.

"Good luck guys," he nodded to us and Liam smiled back. "I'm gonna go get my equipment."

The moment we were alone, Harry bent down and gave me a quick but passionate kiss. I blinked and pulled back, a dazed expression on my face. Jeez, he has that effect on me.

"Good luck," he whispered in my ear and slipped out of the room before I could say anything else. Yep. That was a good luck kiss. Wow.

Just as Liam walked back in after hearing the door close behind Harry, we walked out to join our team mates. After a while, Coach came back and ushered us out as it was showtime.

Taking a deep breath, I tightened my grip around my crosse stick and put on my helmet. 

"Let's do this."

~*~

HARRY'S POV

Coach Shay blew his whistle and all of us, the crowd, cheered as our team arrived on the field. The opposite team had already arrived and was warming up on the field.

I kept my eye out for Zayn and a smile unconsciously slipped on my face when I caught sight of my boyfriend. And damn, did he look hot in that uniform.

As the team formed a huddle and Liam barked out orders, Louis nudged me. "Have you seen Niall?"

"Yeah, I saw him buying more corn dogs," Dani answered instead.