Wannabe Hipster

CHAPTER 2:

"Oh baby don't you know you got what I need? Lookin' so good from your head to your feet." ~Kiss You, One Direction

Monday, 5th August 2013

ZAYN'S POV:

I woke up with renewed energy when my alarm buzzed, even though I had stayed up late at night. Because man, today was the first day of Junior year and that's why I was filled with adrenaline. Hell yeah!

I quickly jumped out of bed and putting some Chris Brown on my iPod and setting it on the dock, I went to the bathroom to work on my hair. After an hour, my hair was perfect and I was ready, dresse in my usual clothes. I checked myself out in the mirror one last time, before the maid knocked on the door, letting me know breakfast was ready.

Walking downstairs, I wondered if Mum and Dad were even home today. They better be home, at least on my first day of school. Well, my first day of a new year.

And surprisingly and thankfully, both Mum and Dad were seated at the dinner table, busy on their iPhones while the maid served breakfast.

"'Morning," I greeted them both, not expecting a reply. "Ah, 'morning son. First day of school,eh?" Dad smiled at me warmly, putting down his phone. Wow. He remembered. I blinked in surprise then answered with a "Yeah."

"Oh honey, I'm so happy for you! My baby is growing up!" Mum started to get emotional in the classic motherly way and gave me an awkward hug across the table. I just gave her yet another awkward smile when she pulled back. It was one thing for my parents to be home on a weekday, and it was a whole different thing to be actually having a nice family chat at the breakfast table.

My parents were pretty busy people. Dad was a famous businessman and my Mum was a fashion designer. So you can guess how busy and important people they were. And it was definitely not like them to remember important events of my life. Whenever they wanted to make up for missing my birthday, they bought me something expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that, not at all! But sometimes it's nice when you get actual love from your parents than the material one. And they were showing me the real love today, which felt awkward but nice at the same time.

"Oh and your sister had called yesterday when you were out, wishing you luck," Mum informed me, taking a sip of her OJ.

"She did? Um, cool." I smiled and made a mental note to call my sister back. Doniya, my older sister, was the only family member I was most comfortable talking to. She was my best friend and I talked to her about everything, even if she was engaged now and lived in the U.S.

"Oh, yeah, um, I better get going. I've to pick up Perrie," I mumbled and got out of my chair. "Bye Mum, Dad!"

"Bye Zayn. Good luck sweetie!" Wow. Weird day for sure.

~*~

After picking up Perrie, we reached the school and were all just chillin' in the parking lot, waiting for the other guys to show up.

"So mate, thinking about beating your record this year?" My best friend and captain of our school's lacrosse team Liam Payne asked teasingly. He knew how I was dead set last year on beating my personal best score.

I just shot him a smug look and replied, "Don't worry Payne, this year I'll beat mine and your score." The rest of the guys ooh-ed. Liam just raised an eyebrow and shook his head with a proud smile. I know he was proud of me. I was the best player on the team besides him.

"Babe, let's make a grand entrance at homeroom today," Perrie giggled in my ear, distracting me from the game talk. I smirked and circled my arm around her waist. "Don't we always?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Louis Tomlinson and his friends aka the losers get out of the car and I ignored them. A while later, I felt someone's eyes on me and turned my head to meet the innocent green eyes of Harry Styles, the hipster nerd. I winked at him and he turned away, with a confused frown.

I couldn't help but notice he looked different this year and tried to find out why as he walked past. If possible, his jeans were even skinnier this time. What the hell was he trying to do, strangle his legs? And with his beanie, he looked really cute.

For fuck's sake Zayn where the hell is your mind going? Or more importantly, why the heck did I call him cute? He's just a stupid, geeky, wannabe-hipster loser.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the creepy thoughts. "You ok Zaynie?" Perrie asked sweetly and squeezed my hand. I focused my attention away from Curly and gave her a reassuring smile.

A while later it was almost time for the bell. When we walked inside, everyone parted like the Red Sea and made way for us in the halls. Some scurried out of our way and some called out greetings. Man, it's great to be popular.

I spotted Harry and his friends again. He was talking with the new blond kid and he hadn't noticed me observing him stalkerishly and why the hell am I observing what he does?! Get a grip Zayn! What is wrong with you?!

Well summer break was pretty long. I guess I just miss making the little fucker squirm and obey my orders, I thought smugly.

A relieved sigh escaped my lips when the bell finally rang, dispersing my thoughts. Giving my girlfriend a kiss, we both shared a smirk and strutted towards the homeroom class doors, followed by our friends, ready to make our much-anticipated entrance.

~*~

Thanks for the votes and comments on the last chapter. Love you all! <3

**Harry is an only child in this book and Zayn has an older sister only.**

Please click that sexy vote button above the cover? Please? :D

**Next (longer) update after 10 votes and 50 reads!** <3

Preview of the next chapter:  A bit of Zarry action ;)

~bemycupcake xx