No One Can Take Me Away From You

CHAPTER 23:

"They don't know what we do best. That's between me and you, our little secret." ~They Don't Know About Us, One Direction.

Wednesday, 25th September 2013

HARRY'S POV:

"Harry dear! Come in!" Helen, the Malik's elderly housekeeper greeted me at the door, just like she always did on every Monday, AKA the day of Zayn's tutoring session.

I walked behind Helen and she left for the kitchen, leaving me alone in the furnished hallway. Just as usual, I made a beeline for Zayn's room, eager to finally be alone with my boyfriend after the whole week.

Yes. My boyfriend. It feels so good to say that, but sadly I can't say that out loud in front of anybody else except our friends. Because Zayn is still a bit scared that our orientation and our relationship won't be accepted, but I'm encouraging him. Taking it slow. And we'll get there someday.

I walked past the living room and up the stairs, immersed in thoughts of Zayn and I when a deliberate cough made me snap my head up. My eyes widened when I saw a middle aged and well dressed man sitting in one of the chairs in the couch, cigarette in hand.

He looked like the business man and powerful type- oh, he must be Zayn's dad. And he's raising his eyebrows at me.

"And who might you be, son?"

"Er, I'm Harry, Zayn's... tutor."

A smile replaced the curious look on the man's face. "Oh! So you're the young man who has helped my son improve his grades!"

I blushed. "W-well, I really didn't do that much. It was all Zayn."

He chuckled. "I don't think so. If it was really all Zayn, why was he failing before?"

Okay, I didn't have the answer to that. And where the bloody hell was Zayn anyway?!

Zayn's dad smirked at my silence. "See. Good job son."

I blushed even more and ruffled my hair nervously. "Uh, thanks sir."

"Oh, Yasir have you- oh! Who is this?" A well dressed lady who looked a lot like Zayn walked in and was now looking at me curiously.

"Well, this is Harry, Zayn's tutor! The boy who helped him improve his grades."

She came over and shook my hand. "I'm Trisha, love, Zayn's mother. So nice to meet you! You're so young! When Zayn mentioned his grades went up because of a tutor, I was imagining a much older one. You must really be a great teacher then," she smiled at me sweetly.

My cheeks burned at all the compliments. I was really not used to this. "T-thank you ma'am."

"Oh nonsense! Call me Trisha! Are you a friend of Zayn? Of silly me, of course you must be! Would you-"

"HARRY?!" Zayn, who was now coming down the stairs, squeaked in suprise when he saw me, and came to where I was standing so fast that I blinked in wonder.

"Oh hi Mum, Dad! This is Harry, my, er, History tutor! Harry this is-"

"We already met, Zayn," Zayn's father cut him off.

Zayn laughed nervously. "Oh, haha, nice. Well, uh, we better get to studying now. See you guys." And before anyone could put in a word, Zayn was dragging me by the wrist and flying up the stairs to his room.

When we were out of seeing range, he let go of my wrist but entwined our fingers instead. When we reached his door, he pulled me inside and slammed it shut, sighing in relief.