Don't Know What's Stopping Me

CHAPTER 25:

"And tender touches just to show you how I feel. Or should I act so cool like it's no big deal?" ~Truly Madly Deeply, One Direction.

Friday, 27th September 2013

LOUIS' POV:

"That. Was. Awesome!" I declared as we stepped out of the roller coaster, still feeling a bit wobbly.

Hazza Bear had a fear of roller coasters ever since he almost fell out of one when we went to an amusement park when we were kids. So naturally, he had stayed behind and of course, so had his loyal boyfriend.

Niall walked beside me and flashed me a smile, which I returned. We were still a bit awkward around each other ever since what happened in the car. But I still replay that in my head sometimes, thinking of what it would've felt like if we hadn't been interrupted.

"Yo! Louis! Anyone home in there?" I snapped out of my thoughts to see Dani waving an impatient hand in front of my face and I blushed.

"Yeah?"

"We're going on the Ferris Wheel now. After that, we're walking to the hill for the fireworks show. Now, scoot!"

Zayn and Harry had joined us and were now walking ahead of us to the Ferris Wheel. When we stood in line for the ride, that's when it hit me.

The carts were for two persons only, and of course the two lovey dovey couples were going to go together, so that left... me and Niall. Oh.

Niall either hadn't had the thought yet or that he was really cool about it.

After Liam and Dani, then Zayn and Harry climbed in, our turn came. I nervously glanced at Niall but he was smiling at me, and gestured me to sit inside first.

Niall slid beside me and I was instantly reminded of our almost kiss by his nearness.

God what is wrong with me! And why isn't Niall freaking out?!

He was calmly looking out at the view, which I admit was pretty awesome. London at night was really something you never got tired of seeing.

I hadn't even noticed that were were almost up. Wow, I'm really zoning out today, yeah?

Neither one of us weren't saying a thing, just silently staring out. But surprisingly, the silence wasn't that awkward. It was peaceful.

But why do we feel awkward? We still can't get over that. When will we? I know Niall has feelings for me, and I feel something for him. So, then why?

I felt Niall shiver lightly beside me and I turned to him.

"You're feeling cold?" He shook his head but his cheeks that turn red when he gets cold gave him away. How I know that? Don't ask.

"Er, sorry I don't have an extra jacket," I mumbled.

"W-well, you could put your arm around me," Niall suggested and I turned to him in surprise.

~*~

NIALL'S POV:

Okay. I have no idea where I got the confidence to say that. I just wanted us to talk. Talk about that day at the video game convention, about anything, about SOMETHING!

Louis was still looking at me like I had just asked him for his soul. Wow, I guess flirting wasn't a usual thing for me.

I blushed under his gaze. "Er, forget I said that. I'm not cold now."