Chapter 14- Enemy

Violet's POV-

I gasped awake, instantly transforming into my Dendrix and going into defense mode when realization hit me. I wasn't in some basement or cell, I wasn't chained up and drugged with wolfs bane or flossom. I was perfectly fine and in William's bedroom. 

What? What happened?

"William?" I croaked out and I saw a blur in front of me, the sound of a door banging shut and a sudden weight on top of me as William laid on top of me, hugging me close and inhaling my scent. 

"William- what happened?" i asked, my body felt weak, my voice was croaky and I was starving and not for food...for blood. 

"You were knocked out by the hunters. They were so close to taking you, but my wolf took control. I snapped out of my weak state and killed every hunter that stood in my way. I needed to get to you because even the thought of not having you next to me for even a second hurts my soul and it feels like a punch in the gut and a twist in the heart. I can't have you away from me," he answered and my heart and entire  body melted at his words.

................

"William I'm hungry," I said after a few moments of letting the information he told me sink in. I understood he was going to be protective for a while. I mean I was almost taken from him and who knows where I would be if he hadn't rescued me. 

"I'll get someone to make you something," he said but stopped when I shook my head, "What?" he asked confused. 

"I-I need blood," I whispered and his eyes went wide in realization. 

"Right," he came over and sat next to me on the edge of the bed. 

He tilted his head to the side...

"Go for it," he said. I took a deep breathe, he didn't need to ask twice. My hunger for blood stood out quickly as my fangs quickly came out. I gently sank my teeth into his warm neck and moaned at the taste of my mate. 

William's arms went around me and held me tight against him. After twenty minutes of me satisfying my hunger, I gently pulled my teeth out of William. I stared at the four punctures in his neck and gently licked them closed. 

William pulled away and smiled gently at me, I laid back down on the bed. 

"Thank you," I smiled.

"No need for a thank you. I love being needed," he smiled, making his dimples pop out.

"How is everyone?" I asked.

"Everyone's fine, after my wolf took over, most hunters retreated when they saw my Alpha wolf. Nobody got injured and nothing was damaged," I breathed a sigh of relief. The guilt would eat me alive if someone got hurt because those hunters were here for me. 

They found me, they know I'm here. I'm already putting everyone in danger by being here. What do I do though? Do I leave my mate behind in order to protect him and everyone he loves or do I stay and put everyone in danger....I think I'm going to have to go with the first one whether I like it or not, I refuse to put my mate and his pack in danger like this. 

"William...you know I have to leave right?" I whispered shifting my gaze to my lap. 

"An Alpha never runs," he growls out. "You're soon to be queen of the Dendrix and you're running from a threat? Your role as queen is to put an end to all the terror!" he said in a hard tone. 

"I'm not a coward! But you don't understand! They were able to fight me off! I've been trained since I could walk, I'm trained to fight and win in any type of situation I would ever be put in. I was taught by the best, my father and our elders. If I was going to be queen, I needed to be able to defend my people against any threat! But I failed! They were able to get to me, the person whose supposed to be the deadliest killer!" My anger was getting the best of me.