Chapter 23- Promises, Promises

*NOT EDITED* 

Violet's POV-

It's been a couple days since I've revealed to everyone the truth behind my pregnancy. Everyone isn't walking on egg shells around me and for that I'm thankful. Although I haven't been spending much time with anyone, I just want to bond with my baby for now and everyone is respecting my wishes. 

I was currently out in the gardens looking at the bright blue sky while sitting on a bench knitting. Yes I know such a granny thing to do, but I'm following the typical mother routine where I'm going to knit my baby a blanket and if I succeed maybe I'll take the challenge of making him some socks. The baby blue string I had was perfect, it was so soft and warm and I knew my baby would be safe with it. I felt a little kick and smiled because he's always listening to me. 

The moment was soon gone as I felt a flash of pain run through my body. I unconsciously stood up and held my stomach as the pain in me got worse. 

"Princess?" I heard one of my guards come closer. I looked down and feared the worse when I saw blood staining my yellow dress. 

The world was spinning and it was hard to breathe. 

"Princess!" Arms wrapped around me as my body went numb.

***

The next time I regained consciousness, my eyelids felt so heavy and as did the rest of my body. I was surrounded by white and I had honestly thought I was dead. I looked around and saw my parents sitting on both sides of the bed I was currently occupying. My throat felt dry-

I gasped loudly as my hands went straight to my stomach. When I still felt the bump I sighed in relief, my baby boy was still there, fighting. 

"Violet," I turned my eyes to my father who was looking at me concerned. My mother was gone meaning she must've went to find the doctor. 

"W-what happened?" My voice cracked and my father gave me a cup of fresh water. 

He was about to respond when he was cut off by the doctor coming in.

"Ah, Princess Violet, glad to see you are awake," I nodded. "Now, you must be wondering what happened. Well, for one you were very weak. There was a huge lack of nutrients that are needed in your body. Add in the fact that your mate is absent this is quickly taking a toll on you," I stared at him in disbelief. 

"You need to eat as much as you can, basically never stop eating. You have to understand, your baby is an Alpha, not to mention a Royal Dendrix. He needs four times as much as a regular wolf or Dendrix need. Now, the problem is that as long as your mate is away from you, your body will continue to slowly shut down. You have to try and take care of yourself, you're body is too weak. I'm putting you on strict bed rest and prescribing you some special herbs to allow you to rest well and to eat more," he explained. 

Silently I nodded and looked at my belly. "He's ok right?"

"Yes, he's perfectly healthy, he just needs some of those extra nutrients as well as yourself. Do what I recommend and you two will be just fine," the Doc said and I once again nodded.

"You know he was here for the week that you were unconscious..." my dad trailed off.

I snapped my head towards him, "I've been out for a week?!" 

He nodded, and I sighed as I leaned back against the bed. 

"When can I go back to my room?" I asked the doctor before he had the chance to leave.

"Right now if you're up to it," he said and I nodded before he excused himself.

"Mom can you get me some clothes?" she nodded and left the room.

"I'll tell the servants to prepare a big lunch for you," my father smiled. "Sit tight and I'll be back to take you to your room," he ordered before leaving. 

I took a deep breath as I wrapped my arms around my baby. 

"I'm so glad you're okay. Mommy's going to be okay, we're going to be okay...." I whispered. 

The door opened and it took me a second to figure out who it was without looking up. My senses are dulled which made it hard for me to sense specific things. 

However as soon as I knew who it was, an anger deep within me took over. 

"Get out." 

He froze at the entrance. "How're you feeling?"

"Fine, get out." 

"Do you need anything?"

"No, leave."

He sighed and despite my wishes he moved closer. 

"Here...I retrieved it for you," he whispered as he put the blanket I was making for my baby next to me. 

I sniffed and looked away from William as I wrapped my arms around myself. I lost it when he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me. I didn't hug him back, but the tears that were leaking out of my eyes were staining his shirt. 

"H-how could you not want u-us," I cried. 

"W-we were s-supposed to be in this together and y-you left me," I continued, his arms tightened around me as he laid his cheek on top of my head. 

"We needed you," I whispered. 

"Words can't even describe how sorry I am, so I'm not going to waste your time on them. I do need you, I need you both so much, but I panicked when the doctor informed us on your condition. I thought training would distract me from thinking about negative scenarios that could happen in the future. I didn't realize how much I was hurting you, both of you. I was selfish, I was so caught up in my own thoughts I forgot about the two most important things in my life. Just know Violet, I'm so sorry, so deeply sorry and if you'll give me the chance... I'll spend the rest of our lives showing you both how much I love and appreciate you two," his low husky voice was muffled in my hair, but I felt the drops of water landing on my head. I heard his voice cracking, I knew he was sorry, I could feel it, but my wounds were still fresh...

I pulled away and he locked eyes with me before I could even look away. "I know," I whispered. 

The tears were still coming, I didn't stop them. I needed to let all this pain and frustration out, it wasn't good for the baby. 

"But your words can't take away the pain and disappointment I feel at the moment," I said as I forced my voice to come out strong and stop the tears from falling any longer.

He grip on me loosened, he pulled back and I locked eyes with him, "You honestly didn't think that you could come in here, say some sweet words and promises and expect me to forgive you, did you? You told me to get rid of my baby... I don't think that's something I can ever forgive," I looked away before I could let the pain I saw in his eyes get to me.

"I know....you have no idea how much regret I feel at the moment, but keep my words in mind. I will fight for your forgiveness, I'll show you how much I love you...you and our child," with that he's kissed my forehead lightly and proceeded to give my baby bump and peck before exiting.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I leaned back onto the pillow...

Promises, promises.

____________________________________
FINALLY UPDATED!

I know for a fact I had you guys when William gave his heart felt speech. I would never ever let him off the hook so easily.

Comments? Vote/Share/Follow

_larisa_