Chapter XXIII

*Barry's pov*

Today is me and (y/n)'s anniversary. I've acted like I don't remember what today is and (y/n) looks sad. Right now me and Oliver is setting up the event. I asked (y/n) to meet me here on a rooftop. There is a little table for two with candles. There are round lightbulbs hanging from a string draping above us. The lightbulbs are turned on and the candles are lit. The food is still warm and on the plates. I'm in my tuxedo waiting for (y/n).

*(y/n)'s pov*

I wear my (f/c) dress and matching jewelry and heels. Iris does my hair and make-up and I'm on my way to me and Barry's date. I arrive on the rooftop and look around. It's nicely lit and is beautiful. A tall shadowy figure is standing feet away. He turns around and it's Barry in a tuxedo. His eyes widen and his mouth hangs open a bit. I smile and blush, I start to walk towards him. As soon as I'm infront of him I speak."Hi." He gulps and responds."Hey. You look amazing." I blush more and respond."You look great too." He smiles and leads me to the table. We start eating and talking. We share about our day and jokes. We laugh, flirt, and enjoy each other for hours. Barry clears his throat "Excuse me I'm going to use the restroom. I'll be right back." "Ok." I nod and he smiles at me and walks off. I wait and wait and wait for him to come back. It's been twenty minutes since he left and I start thinking the worst thoughts.'Did he ditch me?' 'Is he doing more than using the restroom?' 'What if he was kidnapped?' I hear strumming of a guitar and I turn around. I see Barry smiling and he starts to sing. I recognize that he is singing Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. My eyes tear up and I can't help but smile and blush. He finishes singing and we share a passionate kiss."(y/n) I love you." I smile "I love you too Barry." We kiss goodnight and head home. We cuddle and fall asleep. Tonight was an amazing night.