Chapter XL

*Barry's pov*

It's been one month since (y/n) and I found out we were having a kid. She has a tiny baby bump. It's morning and my wife is still asleep but I'm awake and gently rubbing the baby bump. I eventually got up and started to write my thoughts about our child.'dear baby of me and (y/n), even if you're not fully developed yet and is still in the womb I love you so much. I'm beyond excited to see you soon in eight more months. I don't care what your gender is, I'll still love you. -Your father, Barry Allen' I finished writing my thought down and then got up to make breakfast for my two almost three favorite people in my life.

*(y/n)'s pov*

I woke up to an empty bed. I got up and saw a piece of paper on the desk. It was from Barry. My eyes teared up and I smiled so wide when I finished reading it. My heart swelled with love. I smelled some food cooking so I went downstairs to see the two loves of my life. When I walked in Barry was at the stove and Aster was at the table drawing. I hugged Barry from behind."Morning honey." He spoke to me."Morning. I saw the note you left on the desk about the baby." I smiled and he blushed lightly."Oh...that's great." He laughed in embarrassment. I giggled, kissed his cheek, and sat down across from Aster. We talked and laughed as Barry finished up and walked over with our plates."Alright goofballs, here is breakfast." Barry smiled and set down the plates. We all ate, talked, and laughed. Then Aster went off to her first day of school. Barry and I went to our jobs, but never forgetting to give our goodbye kiss and planning to go out to lunch. It's been normal but still a little upsetting. Henry, my father-in-law was murdered by Zoom five days after we announced I was pregnant to the crew. Barry is still hurt deep down but tries to hide it. Some nights he cries for a few hours and falls asleep from it. He thinks I'm asleep but in reality I listen to him sob and sniffle. It's heartbreaking for me to hear him like that, and to Aster since he is her dad now. I'll talk to him about it soon, but I just don't know how to approach him about it. He needs to talk to someone and I want to be the one but I don't know how to start.

A/n: Top of the morning to you laddies! Please comment below ideas for how the conversation to help Barry should start. Later Bosses!!!