Chapter 7

Final days as a Senior in high school

Lauren's POV

  Boy did this year go by quick. I got accepted to the college where Michael went to. Speaking of Michael, me and him have been really great friends lately. I have a feeling he's gonna ask me to be his girlfriend. After the graduation, I felt so relieved that I was leaving high school. Few days before my graduation, I figured that I was gonna be okay being by myself.

"I'm so glad my baby graduated and now you leavin" my mom cried with tears.

"Aw mom, please don't cry please. I'm gonna come back and visit" I told my mom. I looked up and saw Michael at my graduation. My heart was beating out of surprise. I couldn't believe that he came.

"MICHAEL!!!" I scream as I run to him with open arms to hug him. I jumped on him and gave him a huge hug. "Oh my God!! What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see my favorite girl graduate," he said with a bright smile.

"Girl I'm so proud of you!" Michael said and gave me another hug tight warm hug.

"I was hoping you would accept this offer...I would like to take you out to a graduation dinner." As he asked me, I was distracted by what a nice suit he was wearing. He wore a nice black suit with a black bow tie on him. His hair was a little curled which made him look sexy to me.

"Lauren?"

"Yes... Michael I would love to.." I responded as I had no idea what he was saying.

He took my hand and said, "let's tell your parents" he led me to my mom and dad to ask permission to take me out to dinner. They let me go. 

   Michael took me to a fancy restaurant named La Rose Rouge. It French, didn't really mean what it meant. But this place was so romantic, candle lights, soft music, and I see they have good food on their menu, well nice names for them.

"How do you like the place so far?"

"It's nice, I love the scenery. Candle light, soft music...just so romantic." The waiter came by and took our order.

"Are you two ready to order?" he said with his French accent.

"What the Baeckeoffe?" I asked.

"That our most delicious dish people love to eat. It is made with cubed sliced potatoes, sliced onions, mixed with mutton and beef and pork all together" the waiter said.

"Hm, that sounds good, I would like to try that."

"I would have the Tarte Flambee'' Michael chooses.

   I had the best time this evening. After dinner, me and Michael took a walk on the beach. "Michael I had the best graduation dinner I had."

"Glad you enjoyed it"  I smiled.

"Lauren....I have something to tell you..." he stopped.

"We've been friends for a while..."

"yes...Michael..." "I can't take it anymore, I really want you so bad..." my heart pounds so hard. He reached into his pocket and took out a necklace.

"Lauren, I want you to be my girl...would you accept?"

"Yes Michael, of course I would be your girl" I gasp. He put the necklace around my next and we looked into each other's eyes. He leaned in closer to me and kissed me. That kiss was so passionate.....