1. Prologue

The bell rang signalling the end of the period.

Students scrambled to their feet, taking their lunch and went for a search, trying to find a nice place to eat. 

Valentine's Day was an important day everywhere in the world. Girls gave their chocolates to boys they crushed on, in hopes to get a positive response about their feelings. On the other hand, boys tried to show courage and bravery giving sweets a little bit discreetly, afraid to lose their manliness towards their friends. They didn't really fancy the idea but everyone knew that deep down they had a secret competition in who would gather more chocos. 

But there was one person who never got or gave chocolates. Actually it was as if she was invisible, merely existing in this world.

Shimizu Rin.

Sitting at her desk in the far corner of the classroom where the sun barely spared a glance, she placed her lunch box on the wooden table and dug into it quietly. She liked eating alone and generally spending most of her time by herself, practicing in voice acting.

About friends you ask? 

Barely any. Friends always required time and that was something Rin could not afford losing.

People would never really understand or help her achieve her goals in voice acting at some famous anime, movie, game or anything for that matter. 

Whether her parents nagged her about it, her goal was one. Go to college, finish it with the best degree you can get and find a worth while job.

Munching slowly, her gaze fell on the little brown box filled with handmade chocolate in her bag. 

It was a square plastic box, with a red bow tied around it, keeping the lid in place. She had never done this before.

Never got into the trouble to make something for someone beside her parents and brother. But there was one person that managed to stir her heart, making it accelerate with just a look or a brush of the shoulder.

As she shook her head to clear her thoughts from the boy that would probably not get the chocolates, since Rin was too much of a chicken to give them to, she realized that he had entered her class.

'What does he want here?' She wondered, bowing her head to hide her face with her hair. Tilting her head to the side a few inches, her fringe rolling slightly away from her hazel eyes, her gaze locked on the boy. Shoulder length black hair, with light brown eyes, the short boy was talking animatedly to one of Rin's classmates. 

'He is so handsome.' Her inner self sighed in adoration, but what Rin didn't realize is that she actually let the sound out loud, gathering looks from some of her classmates. All except from his. A blush crept up her face and she quickly tucked her lunch aside, pulling the chocolate box out, setting it on her lap. She slowly filled her lungs with air and stood up to straighten her skirt and make the  biggest mistake of her life. The boy had his back turned to her and as she stood behind him, her bright brown hair slowly fell over her shoulders, the tips touching her hips.

The person he was talking to, made a motioning move with his head, alarming him of Rin's precense. Slowly the beautiful boy turned around and took a good look on Rin. How neatly her uniform was worn, how her hair was so long and shiny as if it was washed a few minutes ago and how her eyes stared at him, as if she could see the core of his soul. Rin was crushing on him since middle school and finally got the courage to state her love for him, since it was his senior year, while she was just a freshman.

"Is there something you want to?" He asked, tucking his hands inside his pants pockets. His stare landed on her chocolates, snapping Rin out of her train of thought. 

Stretching her hands out, with the chocolate box she bowed slightly, her hair thankfully covering her tomato like face as she hesitantly spoke, in front of the class.

"S-Senpai.. I-I want to give this chocolate to you in declaration of my love for you." 

"Pardon me?" The boy raised a delicate eyebrow, staring at her, just like the rest of the class.

"I made these myself for you, senpai. Please accept them." She kept her head low, afraid of his critisizing gaze. She felt his eyes searching; burning holes in her whole body. A sound from something ripping echoed through the room and then it fell on the ground, landing in front of Rin's feet.

A button.

Minutes passed by silently, with the girl bowing her head covered in what? Shame? Embarassment? Anger? Rejection? Maybe it was all together because when the boy left the classroom, with a faint 'I'm sorry' Rin couldn't take it anymore.

Her legs gave out on her and she fell on the ground, scraping her knees in the process. The button taunted her, in front of her own eyes and the little chocolates had fallen all over around her.

Hours seemed to pass by in silence that made the girl wonder if people still stared at her, or if everyone had already left.

She gathered the scattered pieces of her heart along with the button and chocolates, stood up and looked around. The classroom was completely empty.

Rin numbly stared at the clock, seeing that it was half an hour after the school hours ended. She went back to her desk and gathered all her stuff to leave towards her home, where she would definitely find some peace and time for herself.

And that's what she did. The rest of her school and college years she drowned herself to work, avoiding any celebrations that required people around her and aced all her classes. That was the start of the story of our heartbroken Shimizu Rin.

~.~

A/N: This is a new fan fiction I decided to start! It's with Ruki From the GazettE ^_^

The banner on the side was made by me! Hope you enjoy it :D