Chapter 26

Franks pov

Every noise made me flinch.
Every little sound, every little creak, had me jumping out of my skin.

Just go to sleep just go to sleep! Just close your eyes and ignore it. It's nothing. You know it's nothing. You're just paranoid. Stop being so fucking paranoid!

My clock read 1:00am. I groaned. I need to sleep.

I held the blankety tightly to my chest and rolled over onto my side. I forced myself to close my eyes in an attempt to make me fall asleep.

But it's no use. Nothing is going to work. I swear my brain is just making up noises now because I'm that paranoid. I don't want to be and I'm trying not to be, but I just can't help it.

Stupid fucking Bob. I don't even care what he says, but my body says otherwise.

Why did he have to get me all freaked out about the murderer. I'm sure I would've been completely fine if he just shut his damn mouth. But noOOo. He had to go and be a dick and now I'm totally convinced that at any moment the murderer is going to burst into my house and kill me.

I looked about my dark room and to my door, Just waiting for the murderer to burst through it.

I sighed.

Now I'm just being stupid.

But what if a killer did come in? Am I going to be prepared? Shit im not prepared! Where would I hide? Where would I go? Should I try to defend myself and make a run for it?!
And what about mum? What's going to happen to her?

I heard a rattling noise that sounded like the back door of my house.

"Fuck it. She can defend herself. I'm outta here." I said quietly to myself in a panicked voice and I flung my bed sheet off.

I leapt off my bed and quickly opened my window. With my mind racing only with the adrenaline of fear instead of any rational thinking, I climbed straight out my window.

With the realisation that I was outside where the 'murderer' was, I quickly took off running. There is no way I'm going to let someone else kill me tonight. Oh hell no!

I ran as fast as I could, sprinting all the way down my street, when the terror hit me that I had no idea where I was running to.

It's 1am and there is an actual murderer on the loose and I'm currently running down the street in the dark.

Oh my god what the hell is wrong with me!

A brief idea crossed my mind and it was good enough for me.

I picked up my pace and started running faster as if the murderer was actually behind me right at this moment.

Holy shit what if he is? What if he heard me! What if he was prowling around in search of his next victim and here I am. Perfect pray.
I'm gonna die I'm gonna die I'm gonna die.

No no he's gonna get me! I have short legs!

I ran and ran and ran until I saw my save haven.

Without even thinking, the only thought being that of my safety; I ran around the side of the house and saw the window I was looking for.

Seeing that it was open I dove straight into it. My whole body came tumbling through the window.
I was expecting to have a bit of a fall, but instead, the very second I came through the window I hit a bed.

I crashed into what felt like a pair of legs.

"Oops fuck." I blurted out as I fumbled around on the bed trying to get myself up and off it.