Chapter 2

Franks pov

The air felt like ice cold water breathing against my skin. A chill went down my spine as a sudden gust of icy wind blew. I sat there and bundled myself in my oversized striped hoodie and tucked my legs up to my chest.

It's late in the afternoon and the sun has just disappeared. My favourite part of the day. I love sitting outside at this time, feeling the world around you get darker and more relaxed. Henceforth I'm currently sitting outside the front of my house on top of the bonnet of my mums car.

I was letting my eyes get lost at the sight of the moon as I tried to look at every detail on it's glowing surface. I could see the wispy dark clouds moving quickly through the sky.

I was suddenly alert when I heard some foot steps down the street, and the faint laughter and the chatting of what sounded like a couple of boys. I quietly watched them whilst hoping they wouldn't notice my pressesnce as I sat motionless on the bonnet of the car Watching the two figures.

They were both wearing dark clothes;
One had his hands in the pocket of his black jeans as he kicked his feet along the road, The other one looked thinner and seemed to be deep in conversation about something as he walked alongside the other one making dramatic hand gestures whilst the other one nodded in understanding. I noticed that the boy who was talking had glasses on and lighter hair, and the other had what looked like black hair.

I watched them getting lost in the way they reacted to one another. That's when the black haired boy nudged his friend with out taking his hands out of his pocket. I then realised that they had spotted me as they both slowed their  walk for a moment and looked in my direction. I tried my best to make it look like I hadn't noticed them, or was watching them, by making it look like I was pre-occupied with myself. so I 'casually' sat there on the car like an awkward idiot pulling the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands as I glanced down at my lap; Waiting and listening for their footsteps to be gone.

"What's a kid like you doing sitting outside by himself on a cold night?"
Oh god they're speaking to me.
I lifted my head slowly and tried to speak as clearly as I could to the stranger. "Its just nice I guess" I said with a shrugged trying to sound confident in my words but knowing I came across as awkward.

"It is isn' it? quiet, relaxing...that is until two knobs like us rock up your street and ruin the peacefulness." the black hair boy said adding a chuckle at the end whilst shoving the boy with glasses playfully. "Ouch!" The glasses boy said rubbing his side as he laughed nervously. "Anyway goodnight." the black haired boy called back to me as he paused for a moment looking at me. I felt a little awkward for a moment but then him and his friend continue their walk. "Yeah goodnight!" I called back giving them a casual little wave.

"Frank come in for dinner please!" Mum called. I slid off the car and made my way inside my warm house.

Gerard's pov

"Ouch." Mikey said after I nudged him. I gave him a questioning look, But he just laughed nervously. Gosh I didn't think I shoved him that hard. I decided to say a quick bye to the boy we were chatting with so I could focus on Mikey.

"Anyway goodnight." I yelled politely. But when I looked at his face I realised he looked incredibly familiar. I quickly shook the thought though because I had to focus on Mikey.

"Did I shove you too hard?" I asked. "No, it's just there is a bruise there." he shrugged casually.

"A bruise? What do you mean? What happened?" I questioned.

"It's just the guy, you know the one I've been telling you about? Well he punched me a few times today in the street when I was dropping my books off at the library. He said I was an ugly nerd." He mumbled.