Chapter 18

Gerard's pov

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling blankly as I waited for my body to wake up properly, and my brain to start functioning a little better.

Mikey and mum just woke me up  to inform me that they were going to the markets to get groceries and things, which means I would be left home alone today.

What am I going to do with myself today?
Free day, no annoyance...I can pretty much do whatever the hell I want...
Eh...I'll probably just lazy around the house drinking coffee as I blast Iron maiden through the stereo.

I lazily dragged myself out of bed once I heard the front door close, signalling that mum and Mikey had just left. I heard out families car start up and drive away, leaving me and the house silent.

I kicked some of the clothes on my floor out of the way as I shuffled to the door of my room.

I really need to clean my room...but coffee and laying on the floor all dy is more important. Woah nice priorities gerard. Shut up Gerard you are gerard and you made things like this.

Not that I have a problem with wanting to lie about on the floor all day as we deafen the neighbours with loud music.
No not a problem at all. Let's do it!

I conversed with myself as I made my way to the kitchen.

I rinsed out my special Dracula mug that no one is allowed to touch or use; but as I was doing so, I spilt water on the floor and made the dreadful mistake of stepping in the puddle of water with my sock.

"Noooo!" I cringed. Ohhh how I hate this feeling.

My wet sock squelched on the ground as I stepped back from the puddle of water.

A sock is supposed to keep your feet warm and dry. But stepping in water with a sock on, the sock betrays you and holds the water hostage, keeping it trapped between it's cotton layers for you to squelch out with every step you take. It feels like a moist fury alien has enslaved your foot in it's drenched clutches, and you have no choice but to rip the sock off and throw it away from you; which is exactly what I did.

Disappointed at the disposing of only one of my socks from my body, I carried on making myself a coffee.

Once my coffee was finished, I put it down as I went to turn the stereo on.
I grabbed a couple of albums to suit today's mood, and placed them beside the stereo. That's when I heard a knock at the door.

I paused what I was doing.
Oh no, people are here. I internally groaned and carried on my business not bothering to answer the door. Then I realised it was probably just mom and mikey coming back to get something they probably forgot.

I walked over and opened the door.

Franks pov

I had questions.
I needed answers.
I'm not even sure what I need answers to; but I'm confused and I just need a bit of enlightenment here.

So this is why I ended up on Gerard's doorstep. I was hoping if I spent a little time with him I could figure him out. Maybe he'd give an explication on the kiss...

I knocked on his front door and waited. I was pulling at the strands of my gloves when the door opened. I looked up to see gerard standing there casually leaning against the door frame with a lazy expression on his face; he was wearing some grey baggy sweat pants and a plain black tshirt, his black hair was scraggly and messy, and had one sock on.