Chapter 25

Frank pov

I was led to an empty little office down the hall.
The officer opened the door for me and I stepped into the room.
I was trying to contain how confused I was, I didn't want to accidentally come across as looking guilty of the crime.

I heard the door close shut behind me and officer stan cleared his throat as he motioned for me to sit down on the chair that I was currently standing beside. I quickly obliged and sat myself down and shifted myself around a little to get comfortable before I looked up to see stan take a seat in front of me on the opposite side of the desk.

He laced his fingers together and placed then on top of the wooden desk as he leaned in a little towards me.
I tried to make my face plain and non readable.

"So what was your name again?" He asked in his manly voice as he looked me straight in the face.

I tried to hold his gaze even though every inch if me was dying to look away.

"Frank." I said politely in reply.

"Well don't look so nervous frank." He chuckled as he leant back in his chair. "It's not like you're in trouble, unless you've been naughty." He joked as he winked at me.

This is when I gave up on holding his gaze and I looked away.

He leant back in again, resuming the position he was in before.

"But anyway, let's get back to more serious matter. As you may now there has been an incident  regarding your next door neighbour." He informed me.

I knotted my eyebrows together in confusion.

Okay well I was way off on what this was all about. If I had just payed attention to what they where talking about in class I wouldn't have had to worry.

I mentally face palmed myself.

Stan must've noticed my confusion as he began to elaborate on what he had just said.

"Your next door neighbour Mr.Ross, was found dead this morning, buried, in his own backyard." He said with a serious expression never once taking his eyes off me as if I was his prey and he was a lion ready to attack.

"Is this some kind of joke." I found myself stupidly saying as I gave this guy all looks of confusion.

Father ross can't be dead. Surely if he died I would know about it considering I live right next door to the old bitch.

"Which is why I brought you in here. Because you after all, lived next door to him so I need you to answer a few questions to help us out on figuring out who might've done this and why." He stated.

I was still confused, I guess I'm just trying to grasp what he's saying to me.
Mr.ross was murdered? And all right next to my home! Right next to me! Right next to me as I was probably going about my everyday tasks in my own home..someone was murdering mr. ross! and proceeded to bury him in his own backyard..and I had no idea about any of this?!?!

"You seem to looked really pale are you alright?" He asked as he reach his hand out and gently brushed his fingers against my hand that was pressed against the desk.

I swallowed and nodded.
"Yeah." I laughed lightly in a forced manner. "Guess I'm just finding it a bit scary that someone was killing my next door neighbour right next to my home." I said as I felt chills down my spine but I tried to sound humours in my words to cover up the fact that I felt like my stomach was about to come out of my throat.

"Yeah it isn't pleasant is it." He said with a little chuckle, which I guess was an attempt to lighten the situation.

'Isn't pleasant' is probably an under statement but anyway.