Chapter 16

Franks pov

"Holy shit, ray!" I said as I ran up the steps to him. He lay there on the ground completely passed out but thankfully unhurt. He's going to hate me when he wakes up. What am I going to do. I slumped on the floor and leant against the wall bringing my legs up to my chest and hugging them. My mind was racing with the thought, and fact, that there was a dead man on the floor bellow..a dead man, that I had killed. "It was an accident, it was an accident, it was an accident." I muttered quietly to myself as I rocked myself a little back and forth as my mind clouded with panic.

I heard movement down bellow and my head shot up. For a split second I had some hope that the janitor was alive. That hope quickly vanished when the sound became clearer, someone was opening the exit door down bellow. They are going to see, they are going to see the body! They'll know it was me! They'll know it was me!

The door closed behind the person. "Holy shit." They whispered through the silence as they probably took in the distraught sight before them. I winced. Maybe I could hide, maybe I could run out the door and get to the roof and escape. I can't just leave ray here like this, ray will wake and tell everyone I did it and when they find I'm not there they'll think I'm a murderer. I'll just have to wait for them to find me so I can try to explain. I waited for the person below to start screaming, for them to yell for people to come and help...but it never came. Instead I heard their voice "hey, is anyone up there." They called up the steps. As soon as the voice reached my ears my stomach dropped as it felt like the whole world was being sucked in on itself in an implosion. I have felt like this one too many times in the few eternal minutes where all that has happened is disaster.

The footsteps could be heard walking up the steps. I watched the stairs in fear as my body and mind battled on what I should do. Should I run, should I stay, maybe I could pretend to be passed out too...my body seemed to be refusing to move. So I sat silent and frozen in place against the wall.

That's when he appeared at the top of the stairs. We locked eyes. "Frank.." My name slipped out of his mouth in utter disbelief.

My heart palpitated. My eyes widened as I stared at him. Shame, guilt and horror consuming me, twisted amongst my insides. I opened my mouth but he spoke again. Walking over to ray and looking down at him as he shoved his hands inside his pockets.
I swear I saw a smile twist the corner of his lips, but it was gone as quick as it came when he looked at me. "Did you kill him too?" He asked in a casual tone as he leant his back against the wall keeping his hands in his pockets as he looked at me.

He thinks I killed the janitor, he knows I've killed the janitor! What if he tells? Would I go to jail? Would anyone believe me if I said it was an accident?

All these panicked thoughts raced through my head.
Suddenly words flew out of my mouth without me even thinking. "It was an accident it was an accident! I didn't mean to. I-I was just trying to have a little fun with ray I didn't know he was gonna be there! Ray's not dead, he just blacked out. He saw the horrible thing I've done. It was an accident, an accident!" quivered as my eyes swelled with tears as my body trembled. He moved quickly towards me as he helped me to stand as I rambled on. I quickly stood up on my feet and gripped the front of his shirt with my fists, clinging to him as I continued attempting to try explaining the situation. I was terrified that he was going to not listen to a word I had to say and he'd run out and tell every one out there what I had done.

"Gerard please don't tell anyone. I didn't mean it. I-I just, the door, and I. Oh my god I'm a murderer. I'm a murderer. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to be a murderer. Gerard believe me!" I whimpered as I practically tore myself apart from the inside. I'm a murderer. I'm so disgusted with myself. I'm a horrible person. I saw the dried blood on my hands that where gripping Gerard's shirt. "I am! I'm a murderer!" I cried out in horror as I let go of his shirt and held my hands in front of me as they shook. I held them as far away from me as if they where the killers.