Chapter Three

Camila

It has been a month since Lauren had woken up from her coma and today would be her first day back with the group. I was extremely nervous about seeing her again. There was always a rush of feelings whenever I saw her and I would probably do something again that would make her look at me weird. Especially since she didn't remember that we had a more elaborate past than what her parents and I had detailed. I don't think the Jauregui's had a clue to the relationship their daughter and I carried for two years.

"Camila."

I searched for the voice that requested my attention. Dinah was standing at the doorway of our apartment. She looked like she wasn't sure of what she was doing; if that was a thing you could read in a person.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you going to be okay? Lauren is coming back today."

"I know." I got up from the sofa where I had been trying to read a book to keep my mind off of Lauren. I went to set it back on the bookcase we kept in the living room.

When Mrs. Jauregui had called me earlier in the week, the panic had begun and I had been trying to get the damn girl out of my head. But those eyes... Those were the last thing I could forget. She made pretty damn sure to torment me with them every time she looked my way.

Anyway, against her parent's wishes Lauren had decided to come back to the group and try to be a part of it. The doctor had said it was okay for her to get back at her life to see if there was something that could jog her memory.

"Well?"

"Sorry, did you say something?" I had spaced out with all the thinking of the girl I was supposed to be forgetting.

"I asked if you were going to be okay. You never answered me." She was still leaning up against the frame of the doorway.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I walked over to the mirror we had hanging by the door way, checking my reflection to make sure everything was in place before grabbing my clutch. "Are you ready to go? The rest of the girls are probably meeting with Janelle already. You know how much they hate it when we're late."

"Yeah I'm ready." I closed the door behind me and walked with her silent down the hall to the car that was waiting for us.

------------------------

"Where have you girls been? You're almost 30 minutes late." Janelle tsked at us a couple of times. "It's a good thing I'm in a good mood today. Well, go on and take a seat."

We didn't even get a chance to say sorry but it didn't matter if Janelle was in a good mood. I waved to the girls, noticing that Lauren was already here as well and that there was a seat next to her or a seat next to Normani. I made a beeline to the seat farthest from Lauren, but Dinah beat me to it.

She smiled at me slyly and then went on to talk to Normani, ignoring the glare I gave her. Reluctantly I went to sit next to Lauren. Lauren smiled at me and my heart went into cardiac arrest. I couldn't handle the charm and hold this girl had over me. She gave me a heart attack every time. Well, it sure did feel like it.

"Hey," she warmly spoke. "Camila right?"

"Uh yeah." I said, sounding like the dork I was.

Lauren was dressed up in her favorite leather jacket and black skinny jeans. She had on red lipstick and I couldn't help but notice her lips when she had spoken. She looked so good as always.

She laughed. "My mom said that you would help me if I needed any help with what was going on? Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's okay," I spoke before my mind could catch up to my mouth. Great, not only was Dinah trying to get me to hang out with Lauren, but now Lauren's mom was conspiring against me. Maybe she didn't know that she was, but she was.