Chapter Nineteen

Camila

After crying out all the tears I had been holding in for quite some time, Dinah and I did our little meet and greet with the fans so we could sign their albums. My spirit was still well under the weather but it was lifted enough so I could mutter more 'hellos' and 'I love your shirt'.

Management knew what they were doing when they paired us off. It would mean a lot more fans would come out and boost album sales. All a plus for our careers within the group, but a headache because I'm sure more promotional opportunities would come up. It would deprive all of us of much-needed sleep.

"See ya later Mila! I've got to go meet up with Normani. Gotta give everyone a taste of Norminah!  They can never get enough of us. Or Camren for that matter!"

Dinah's blonde head disappeared into the SUV that was carting her around. I chuckled to myself softly. Though I didn't think the next pairing was ideal with the way Lauren and I were right now, Dinah was right. Norminah and Camren were part of the most wanted ships in the fandom.

Which was where I was headed now.

Lauren and I were set to meet up in about 20 minutes or so depending on traffic. Our location was to be Walt Disney's Concert Hall. Our clue would be to sing little parts from Disney songs. It was pretty clever actually and it was going to be fun.

Thinking of the concert hall was reminding me of our little Disney movie nights we used to have weekly. We made sure to make time for those even through all the dance rehearsals and the studio time.

I sighed looking out the window, seeing that the hall was within range. We had gotten here a lot sooner than expected. With time to spare, I let myself wander into the past.

_____________________________

"I don't know why you're crying so hard, Camila. You know you guys will get back together in a week. You guys always find a way to resolve your differences. Lauren loves you and you love her too." The last person I expected to console me was Normani. She was the one who tended to side with Lauren and put the blame on me.

The blame was mine, of course. I was always the one to break Lauren's heart and end things with her, but this time it was different. This time, I had told Lauren I didn't love her and that she meant nothing to me.

I didn't mean a single word. The words came tumbling out because I was afraid. I was afraid Lucy was going to take away Lauren from me, but I was petrified more at the thought of our parents finding out and forbidding the love between us. I was terrified at the thought of losing Lauren because of old ideas. I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't. I could lose Lauren to Lucy or I could lose her because of family. And then there was management...what if they didn't allow it to happen?

There was too much at stake and with fear paralyzing my body, I broke Lauren and me in two with my vicious words.

"I can't go back this time Normani. As much as I would want to, I don't think she would want me back nor do I want to jeopardize anything for her by trying to win her back."

Normani's face was perplexed, trying to figure out what I meant. "What do you mean jeopardize--"

"It's nothing. Just drop it." I left the safety of our tour bus, leaving a confused Normani behind.

Pulling out my phone, I called the one person I knew would be able to help me hide who I really was.

"Are you busy?" I asked into the receiver. Dropping my head down, I fought the urge to cry. I kept telling myself over and over in my head, that this would be the right thing to do. I was going to make sure I never hurt her again and that I didn't ruin her life or mine. This was the right thing.