Chapter Eight

Camila

It's been a couple of weeks since the incident where I blew up over Camren and Lauren walking around naked in front of me while I was apologizing. That threw me for a doozy. Seeing Lauren completely naked for the first time in almost two years, I couldn't help myself but ogle her. She had to have gotten fuller in all the right places while she was in the coma. I didn't remember her looking that great. I mean she looked great before, but now she was just... wow.

No further teasing from her since that day, which was good for my poor nerves but also bad because it meant I couldn't get more. I almost wish I could have thrown myself at her that day, but I didn't out of respect for her.

Shaking my head to rid myself of those thoughts, I focused on preparing myself for my turn in the booth. Lauren was in there right now, effortlessly hitting all her notes perfectly, I bet. It was always hard for me to follow after her. It made me nervous to follow such greatness.

The door swung open, startling me from my thoughts. I looked up and met those bright ocean eyes. She smiled which shifted into a slight smirk when she noticed me.

"It's all yours Camz." She stated. Her voice was raspier than usual. Just hearing her voice like that, I knew that she had put in a lot of effort for her parts.

I gulped and gave her a nervous smile in return. "Thanks," I mumbled.

I got your from the bench I had been sitting while waiting. She held the door open for me as I walked through, before she let go of it. I could hear the swish of the door closing, but it never fully closed.

"Hey Camz?" I turned around to face the beautiful girl to whom the voice belonged to.

"Yes, Lo?" I asked. She was leaning up against the door.

"When you're done, want to come over for a movie night?"

I could feel my eyes light up at the suggestion. "Disney?"

She used one of her hands to run her fingers through her hair, a nervous habit of hers. "Sure. Whatever you want." She flashed me her pearly whites and my heart melted.

"Great!" I squeaked, happy at her agreement. I cleared my throat, embarrassed at how my voice had changed.

Lauren laughed lightly.

"I'll bring the pizza. Last time you bought it, I had to pick everything off the pizza to eat it." I joked. It all honesty, it was that bad. Spinach did not belong on a pizza.

She pouted. "As long as you bring me a pizza for myself with my favorite toppings."

How could I say no to that face?

I sighed, pretending that it would be a burden for me, but I'd do anything to keep a smile on that face.

"Fine. I'll bring you a pizza of your own. Though I wouldn't call it pizza."

"Thanks Camzi." Lauren suddenly hugged me, however brief it was, dizzying me with her perfume. "I'll have the snacks ready for later. Good luck in the booth." With that, the taller girl disappeared.

That girl would be the death of me.

_____________________________

After three agonizing hours in the booth trying to lay down my vocals for Write On Me and Dope, I was more than ready to get to Lauren's for a Disney movie night. It had become our weekly thing even through this chaos we called our passion.

I was trying to make up for it. If she asked me to come over even at 3 in the morning, I was there. If she needed some advice, I would try my best to provide it to her. I was trying. I was trying my all to give it back to her the way she had done at the beginning.