Chapter Thirty-One: Don't Say You Love Me

Lauren

"What do you want Lucy? I don't have anything to say to you." I spat, answering my phone.

"Lauren, listen to me before you hang up please. Five minutes is all I'm asking and then I'll leave you alone."

"You better start talking. You only have two minutes."

I had been suffering for the last two weeks. I tried during Dope to sing the chorus to Camz, but she turned away when I sang and I tried so many times to show her that I cared because Vero and Alexa had told me that would be the way to show Camila I wasn't going nowhere. Yet, none of the things I had done had Camila coming back. She was done. She was ready to run and never look back at me. I screwed it all up.

Fucking idiot that I was.

And now I had Lucy calling me. This was just great. I didn't need her back in my life right now. She had led me a stray and I believed her. I let it all happen.

"Nothing I say will ever make you forgive me. I understand that. I know you may never forgive me and I will be okay if you don't. What I did was a shitty thing to do. I was selfish. I was greedy. I wanted to experience what Camila got to experience."

"And what was that?" I said through gritted teeth.

"That look that is only reserved for her. I wanted to see you give me that same look--as if I put the moon and the stars in the sky. But it never came. I thought by having you I would. I still saw it plenty of times and every time it was for Camila. Even when you have no clue on what's going on, your heart always knew. I was wrong for trying to hurt you and her by putting myself in the middle. I did a lot of thinking on the actions I took and I realized that you don't belong to me and you never will. You belong to Camila."

"A lot of fucking good it did. Camila won't look at me. She doesn't want me anymore because of you." Pure venom was dripping from my words. I was livid just hearing her say that.

"That's probably because you're not doing it right." She said in a gentle tone.

"How the fuck would you know what I'm doing? What makes you a better expert than Vero or Alexa?"

"The fact that I'm willing to divulge information that will get you the girl back."

I opened my mouth ready to say something horrendous to her when I caught what she said. I bit my tongue to stop myself from being mean to her so I could hear what she had to say.

No one had been willing to say anything to me about our past so openly.

"Camila loves being on the rooftop. So do you, even though you're a pansy when it comes to heights. I can guarantee that she'll be there an hour after you guys are back in the hotel every single night."

I was about to be grateful for the hint she gave me and squeal for the little insight, but I proceeded with caution and questioned her motives instead.

"Why should I believe you're telling the truth?"

"You can if you want. I don't need to lie to you. There's no point in it. You should know that I'm telling the truth, if you only paid attention to all your recent moments with her."

What was that supposed to mean? Oh wait. How could I forget? That night...the one we spent on the rooftop when I thought she looked so beautiful bathed in moonlight. That was also the night I felt I had lost her. She wasn't mine to lose at the time. She still wasn't mine and I was still losing her. All of this was getting me nowhere.

"I--I got to go Lucy." I was going to hang up but my heart tugged at me. "Thanks for the information."

"Any time. Now go and get your girl." The line went dead before I was able to pull the phone away from my ear. I tucked my phone into the hoodie I was wearing before slipping on some sneakers so I could get onto the rooftop. I rushed out my room, grabbing my keycard so I could access the elevator and get back into my room.