Chapter 9-- OMFG!

Amanda's POV

It was a month after Zach left, and I wasn't doing any better. Actually, I was doing worse. Nick tried talking to me, calling me, texting me, telling me he was sorry. It wasn't his fault. It was mine. I hated myself for doing that to Zach. He never did anything to me. He didn't come back. I thought, maybe, because our bond was strong, though it was not completed, he might come back. I was wrong. I've tried calling him and texting him, but he never answered. I havn't really gotten out of bed. School was over, I had no job, my only friend was ever Nick, and I just can't talk to him anymore. I just can't. I have no reason to get out of bed. I do every morning to take a shower, and some days I'll even go down stairs and grab a bowl of cereal or some type of fruit. Not very often, though. I havn't talked to anyone. Darius left. I thought about going with him, but I wasn't ready yet. I do know I can't stay here much longer, I don't know where I'd go, though. I don't have anyone anymore. "That's it," my aunt burst into my room, "get out of bed. Now." I scrambled out from under my blankets and stood up. "Get over it. He left you, he wasn't worth it." She said. I wished that was how it was. But it was much, much more.

"Sarah, have you met your mate?" I asked. She opened her mouth to speak, but I cut her off, "no. You haven't. You don't know how it feels to lose him. When I couldn't find him and I came home that day, a part of me was dead. A big part. And, honestly, I don't give a fuck what you think about mates, because I know since your old as shit and haven't met your mate your pissed and hate everyone that have their mate," I paused. Okay, she wasn't THAT old. She was only 27, but usually we meet our mates by 19. "Your brother killed himself because he lost his mate. Don't tell me to just get over it. Don't tell me it's going to get better. It's not. Not unless I have him." I got back into my bed and lifted the blankets over my head.

"You're going back," Sarah said simply. I whipped the blanket of me and sat up.

"What?" I asked.

"Your going back to the Red Moon pack. You're not my responsibility. I don't need your shit. Pack your stuff. If you're not gone by tomorrow, I'm calling Darius." Without another word, she left my room, slamming the door behind her. I got out my phone and texted Zach, knowing I wouldn't get a text back.

"Hey Zach, it's Amanda... again ... I'm going back to the pack... I don't think I'll see you again... I don't want to go back but Sarah's a bitch so I have to... I love you."

I love you. Every text I send, every message I leave, they all end with those three words. The same three words I was scared of just a week ago now slipped off my tongue so easily when it was for Zach. He was right, I did love him. I wished I would've been able to realize that before I did that to him. Then, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Nothing happened to me, which only meant one thing. Zach. Without hesitation, I dialed Darius' number on my phone. Ring. Ring. Ring. HURRY THE FUCK UP! Ring.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Where's Zach?" I asked, hoping he might know something.

"He came back with me, didn't he tell you?"

"No!" I screamed into the phone. I hung up and grabbed a duffle bag from my closet and stuffed it with whatever clothes I could find. Another sharp pain came, but this one was on my face. I zipped closed my bag then ran to the woods. There, I stripped off my clothes and stuffed them in my bag. I easily shifted into wolf form them grabbed my bag in my mouth by the handles. I ran as fast as I could. As long as I could stay in wolf form, I'd be able to reach Maine in a matter of minutes, running at full speed of course. Minutes felt like hours, but I was there in Maine. I sniffed the air, the familiar smell of Zach's cologne filled the air around me. He was close. I followed the scent until I found him. He was laying in an alley, bleeding from multiple places in his face. I dropped the bag from my mouth and shifted back to human form. I pulled my clothes from earlier and put them on. "Zach!" I screamed, running to him. I bent down, and touched his face.

"Amanda?" He asked, his voice cracking. "You don't know how much I missed you." He grunted in pain. Then I remembered. I felt a pain in my stomach, not just my face. I lifted his shirt up a little bit, and found a long, bleeding cut.

"Ohmygod. What happened, Zach?" I asked.

"Nick." He said, then passed out.