Chapter 3-Mates

A/N okay, so because I'm a huge mega bitch, I am making it so I shall not update this story until there is at least 1 vote on each chapter. Yesh, I know, it's not a lot, but not a lot of people read these, so it's harder to get. Okay thanks!

Nick's POV

I could hear Amanda's voice talking to me. I wanted to open my eyes, but my body had other plans. It was determined to keep them shut. "Nick, please, give me some sign that I'm not just talking to an empty room," Amanda said, it sounded muffled so I guessed she was crying. I found the strength to move my hand on to hers. "Nick!" She shouted. "Come on, open your eyes. You can do it Nick," she encouraged. I had to do it. For her. To see her beautiful eyes. Her beautiful face. Her beautiful self. At the thought of it, my mind suddenly decided it was a good idea to open my eyes. My eyes slowly open taking longer than I wanted. My vision was blurry, all I could make out was the hot pink that was Amanda's hair. I told her not to do that to her hair, but I had to admit, it was beautiful. Things started to become more visible, and I noticed I was in a hospital. Great. Awesome. Fucking fantastic.

"Hey Manda," I managed to say.

"You're awake! And you can talk! This is awesome! I'm going to go get a doctor, 'Kay?" She shot out words so fast I almost couldn't understand what she said. I nodded. Bad idea. It hurt like hell. How did I even get here? I had so many questions, but before I could ask any, Amanda was out the door.

Amanda's POV

He woke up! He really woke up! I ran down the halls looking for Nick's doctor, which I had asked a bunch of questions earlier that day. I was in such a rush I didn't notice the guy walking ahead of me. Well, shit. I ran right into him. Like, you know in the movies when the guy and the girl run to each other and hug, but you know if they did that in real life they'd hurt each other? Yeah, that's exactly what it looked like. Except, we weren't running with our arms flailing around like a baby bird. "Ohmygod I'm so sorry!" I said, quickly getting up. I looked at him on the ground. Help him up, Amanda, that's what nice people do. I reached my hand out to him and he takes it. The warmth of his hand sends tingles throughout my body. Weird. He stood up and I got a look at his face. He was cute. Like, really hot. Okay, this boy was fucking gorgeous. He had brown hair that covered the top of his head, but I wouldn't consider it bangs. His blue eyes were as deep as the ocean (holy shit that was cheesy...). He had thin lips, but somehow they worked on him. To stop my babbling, he was perfect. No. Stop. You can't be thinking like that. You like Nick, remember? Things just started to get better. He even said he-

"Hello? Anyone home?" Hottie McHottiePants asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. I must've been deep in thought." He probably thinks I'm a fucking loser. Fantastic!

"It's cool. Happens to me all the time. I'm Zach, by the way," he extended his hand out to me.

"Amanda," I said oh-so-formally, taking his hand and shaking it. More tingles. Damn it. I knew what this meant. Fuck. He looked at our hands.

"Shit. No. I don't even know you!" He screamed.

"I know, I'm just as confused as you are," I said calmly, trying not to make things worse. Zach was my mate. Shit.

"You know about it, too?" His voice got quieter.

"Yeah, I know. I'm one, and you are, too. I can tell," I said. I was a werewolf. Shut up. Don't you dare run away. I don't maul people and change every full moon. I shift when I feel like it, which really isn't a lot. It hurts. And I don't like being one, it's out of my control. My mom and dad were in a pack, but my mom died in child birth, and shortly after, my dad commuted suicide. I couldn't blame him though, I couldn't even start to imagine what pain he went through. Mates are other halves. You're not really complete until you find them. Anyway, when he passed I was 12, and decided to run away. It wasn't that hard. I had an aunt that lived California. It was far enough from Maine, where my pack wouldn't follow me. It's not like I was important enough, anyway. My mother had always been a disgrace in the pack. I've been gone for 5 years, no one came for me.

"Amanda, you're my mate. I now know I can't be away from you. It will hurt. But I have to go. Call me," he winked then he was gone. How the fuck was I supposed to call him?! I looked in my hand, I was holding a piece of paper now. When did that happen? Oh wait. Zach. Duh. I mentally shook myself, then found Nick's doctor. I told him Nick was awake, and told him to tell Nick that I wouldn't being staying, I had to clear my mind. I ran to the woods, and shifted. It hurt, considering I haven't done it in well, a really long time. Since I dyed my hair hot pink, I was a hot pink wolf. Don't even say it. I know what you're thinking. Stop it. I ran for a really long time then ran out of breath. Too tired to shift back, I fell asleep in the middle of the woods in wolf form.

A/N Zach in de pic cx