Chapter 5- jealous much?

Nick's POV

I missed Amanda. There was no way around it. I needed her here. Now. I couldn't be away from her. Yes I could. Nope. What's wrong with me?! I closed my eyes. Maybe I just needed some sleep. "Nick? I don't mean to wake you, but I'm here now," Amanda's sweet voice filled the room and my eyes shot open. She was with another guy. Holding hands.

"Who's that?" I spat out, glaring at him.

"Whoa Nick! If looks could kill..." Amanda's fingers laced with the still unknown person.

"Answer my question. Who. Is. That?" There was so much anger in my voice, it even scared myself.

"Nick, this is Zach. M-my..." She bite her bottom lip as if she was debating to tell me or not, "he's my cousin."

I sigh of relief escaped my lips. My eyes locked on their hands. Amanda noticed my gaze and pulled her hand away automatically. "So how you feeling?" She asked, sitting next to me on the bed.

"A little better," I smiled, and grabbed her hand. "I was being serious when I told you I loved you."

"What makes you think I was doubting you?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"I...I heard you... When you yelled at..." I looked at Zach, not knowing if he knew about Destiny or not, "her." She looked at me, embarrassment flushed her entire face. "It's okay, Manda." Her eyes filled with tears, some seeping out and streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't cry around you. I have no right to. I mean, you're the one in the hospital," she said, tears still streaming down her face. I sat up and wiped them away, leaving my hand on her cheek. I didn't know what to say, I was never really good with those kinds of things. So, I brought her face close to mine and kissed her. Almost instantly, Zach ripped her away from me and they were gone.

Zach's POV

I was horrified. I was unbelievably sad. I was confused. But most of all, I was pissed. "What was that?!" I screamed at Amanda as soon as we were out of the hospital.

"I swear I didn't kiss him back. I promise," her eyes filled with tears again.

"I'm sorry," I pulled her into a warm hug. She hugged me back. She was starting to actually like me. "I know why you said I was your cousin."

"Please, enlighten me with your knowledge," she said in the most sarcastic tone.

"He told you he loved you. And he's in the hospital. You couldn't add anything on him just yet. You don't have the heart," I shuffled my feet around, looking at them.

"Yeah... You're actually completely right," she sighed. "How'd you know?"

"We're mates, remember? We have a bond," I said simply.

"Oh, yeah, I knew that," embarrassment covered her face.

"I knew you didn't have the heart because you didn't seem like that kind of person. I saw the way you looked at him. There was something in your voice, a twinkle in your eye. You really care about him," I added.

"I do. I care about him more than anything. I-I just can't hurt him." Her eyes couldn't be filled with tears any longer and the all overflowed onto my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her and held her whispering stuff like "it's okay" and "don't worry" in her ear.

Amanda's POV

I was clutching on to a stranger, crying, and telling him things I've never even told Nick. "Thanks, Zach," I managed to say between cries.

"I'm always here for you, Amanda," he said, hugging me tighter. Every touch sent warm tingles through my body and all I wanted to do at that moment was kiss him. Zach started laughing. Shit. The bond we have as mates tells the other our emoticons, and/or feelings. He knew I wanted to kiss him. He placed his hand on my cheek, send another load of warm tingles through. I hated how he controlled me so easily. He slowly brought his face towards mine and softly crashed his lips into mine. I instantly kissed back, but it was over way too quickly. I wanted him to kiss me again.

"Call me next time you need to talk, instead of me finding you in the middle of the woods, okay?" A smile tugged at my lips.

"Yeah, okay, next time I need to talk about how I just met my mate and he looks like a fucking model, but Nick still thinks he's in love with me, I'll go straight to my mate" I said with a hint of sarcasm, then covered my mouth with my hand. Did I really just say that out loud?! He just laughed then walked away.

"See you soon, Manda," he started running away. I wanted to chase after him. I never wanted to be away from him. Which meant the bond was growing stronger.

Well, fuck.