Chapter 8-- Gone forever</3

Amanda's POV

"Zach!" I yelled, walking through the woods. I was where he had found me sleeping. I knew he was there. I could sense it. "Zach! I know you're here! Come on out!" A large, brown wolf stepped out. It was Zach. He was as stunning as a wolf as he was person. He was HUGE. He was tall as a person, but his wolf was at least 5'6" on all fours. His fur was dark brown, with single strands of black fur all over. His eyes were bottomless black pits. "I found your clothes a little while ago. Shift back to human form, we need to talk," I held out his clothes then he took them in his mouth and walked behind a tree. I heard the painful screech that came from his mouth when he shifted. Shifting from human to wolf was painless and easy, but shifting back to was hard and painful. Moments later, Zach came out from behind the tree in human form.

"You wanted something?" he asked. On my way here, I decided to act as if I didn't know what was going on, then after he told me everything I already knew, I'd tell him he should go back.

"What was it about?" I asked, knowing he would understand what I meant.

"I'm suppose to be Alpha," he said as if it was nothing. I gave him a confused look, even though I already knew what he meant. He continued, "Let me explain. My dad was Alpha, and because I'm his only child, I was suppose to become Alpha on my 17th birthday. Having Alpha blood in me, I changed before everyone else. I could tell we were mates. I found out when were 12, then you left. I tried to stay for as long as I could, but I just couldn't. After about a week, I left. I've been looking for you ever since. I meant to go back, but I knew you wouldn't go with me. I wasn't going to lose you. Not again," I saw sadness hit his eyes, and something inside me clicked. I could think for myself again. I was, me. I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just wrapped my arms around him in a big hug.

"I'm sorry, Zach," I said after a little while.

"It's not your fault," he said simply.

I shrugged. "Zachy, I'm tired," I whined, "I don't wanna walk back home." He smiled and laid down on the ground. I laid next him and giggled.

"I like sleeping in the woods. It helps me clear my mind," he said. Destiny came to mind. I'll never be able to clear my mind with her here.

"Zach, is it possible for a werewolf to be skitso?" I asked, regretting saying it already.

"Yes." He said almost instantly, "all werewolves are. But it's not skitso. It's your werewolf." He paused. "Have you met your werewolf?"

"Yes. And she's a real bitch." I laughed. Destiny defiantly was a real bitch. Period. End of sentence.

"Yeah, Jake is a total ass, too," Zach laughed.

"Hey Zach?" I asked.

He replied with a simple, "mhm?"

"I want you to go back with Darius. I want you to be Alpha. I'll even go with you. Just, I know usually future Alphas go through a lot of hard ass training, I don't want all that to go to waste," I said. I really meant it, too. Nothing made me say it.

"That's not all, I can feel it. There's another reason you want to go back," he said, staring not only into my eyes, but into my soul. Shit. He was right.

"I miss them," I said softly. Zach wrapped his arms around me.

"I do, too," he replied. "Let's do it. We can leave tomorrow. I had my grandma here with me, but, well, remember when I ran into you at the hospital, but said I had to go?" I nodded. "Well," he continued, "I was there for my grandma. S-she died t-that day." It was my turn to wrap my arms around him.

"I'm sorry, Zach," I said.

"It's okay, really. And I met you that day, so everything was so much better." He smiled, "I love you, Amanda."

I sat up. Shit. He said it. "No, you don't. You hardly know me. You just like me, a lot. You don't love me. You can't love me."

"I do, though, Amanda. And I know you do, too. You're willing to leave everything you have so you can come back to the red moon pack with me."

"I need to think about this," I said, standing up, "don't you DARE follow me." I ran. I didn't know where I was going, until I found myself in front of Nick's door. "He got home today, didn't he?" I thought to myself. I rapidly knocked on the door, and Nick opened it. He had on broken arm, but other than that, he was shaping up just fine.

"Hey, Manda. Is something wrong? You look like you've been crying," Nick said. I touched my face. Had I been crying? I couldn't tell.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah of course. You're always welcome," he held the door open for me. We silently walked into his room, then I dropped onto his bed and started crying waterfalls.

"He said he loves me!" I yelled.

"Isn't that what you wanted, though? Didn't you say you love him?" Nick asked, a confused look plastered on his face.

"I don't know! Just a week ago I thought I loved you!" I cried. Nick made a "o" face.

"I know you're suppose to be with your mate eternally or whatever, but I still love you, Manda," Nick said softly. Shit! Him too!? "I just, I want to do something on last time. You know, without me thinking I'm going to die, or having someone pull you away from me." He lifted my face, which was when I realized he was sitting on the bed, too. He brought his lips to mine. At that moment, I forgot about Zach. I forgot about the bond. Bad idea. But I couldn't think. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. His tongue crashed into my mouth without asking for entrance(RUDE! Lol jk) as we fell back. My back was pressed to the mattress, Nick just hovering over me. Then, Zach burst into the room.

"I guess you weren't lying. You don't love me," Zach ran out, crying. I pushed Nick away, and ran after Zach.

"Zach!" I screamed, but he was no where to be found.

After days of endless searching, I gave up. He was gone. Something inside of me died, I didn't know how much longer I would be able to live. There was still a strong bond, so I knew he felt it, too. I also knew that he wasn't coming back, and he hated me.

A/N omg I almost cried writing it... I don't like it. I'm still going to update though, because I need to. THIS IS NOT THE END.