Chapter 6- Truth DOESNT hurt.

Amanda's POV

I walked into Nick's ward holding a vase of pink and black flowers. "Now before you say anything, let me put the vase down. I know you don't like flowers, but these ones are just so pretty! I couldn't resist." I smiled. It was true, I went to my favorite flower shop to think, like usual. Then, I saw these flowers and I had to get them.

"They are pretty," Nick laughed.

"Really? You really like them?" I couldn't believe it! He actually liked the flowers!

"Yes, of course I like them. They're from you," he picked out the brightest pink flower he could find and put it in my hair.

"Thanks." My cheeks grew warm. "And I'm sorry about Zach earlier. He's just overprotective. That's it."

"It's okay, I just get the feeling you're lying to me about something. Amanda, you can tell me anything. I won't be mad." Nick looked at me with so much seriousness that I felt horrible about everything.

Guilt rushed to cover my entire face as I sighed. "Zach isn't my cousin."

"Who is he?" He said in a rush, I couldn't only just make out what he said.

"He's just my friend. I didn't want to tell you because I thought you'd get jealous." I lied. Again.

"Way to go, Amanda," Destiny said to me, "just tell him he's your mate. You're going to be with Zach, anyway. The bond is too strong already."

Before I could stop myself, the words flew out of my mouth, "I lied. Zach is my mate. My other half. I know, you don't get it. But I guess I have a lot of explaining to do. So first off, I'm a werewolf. I can change from my human form to my animal form, but I prefer human. I ran away from my pack when I was 12, to here in San Fransico, because I knew- I thought there weren't any other packs here. Then, the day after you were in the hospital, I came to see you, as you know, you woke up. I ran to go get your doctor, when I bumped into Zach on accident. When our eyes met, I instantly knew he was my mate. It's something that happens with all wolves. You may not even know them, but after you turn 16, and I'm now 17, and you find your mate, you know it's them. I tried to get away from him, but I can't. I-I think I love him."

Nick opened his mouth as if he were to say something, but he never did. "I guess that explains the whole overprotectiveness thing. And why you didn't kiss me back," he said the last bit quieter, but I heard him because if my amazing werewolf hearing, one of the things I did like about being a werewolf.

"Yeah... I'm sorry, Nick. Please, don't be mad," I expected him to freak, but so far, he was fine.

"Mad?" Nick laughed, throwing me off track completely, "you thought I'd be mad because you're happy? I'm happy for you," he smiled.

I gave him a bone-crushing hug and whispered in his ear, "you're the best, Nicki bear," then giggled at his nickname I gave him after the first week of knowing him.

"You're the greatest, Manda Panda," he whispered back, which made me laugh even harder. He really was the best friend I could ever have, even if he wasn't my mate, I loved him, just, as a brother.

A/N okay, so, I like writing. Not for you, but for me. So, the vote stuff is off, because I really like this story and won't be able to stop myself from writing too much xD