Chapter 30- Memories

Jessica's Point of View

"Jessica, honey," my mom called me downstairs. I practically danced the stairs with a smile over taking my whole face. What can I say; I am in an exceptionably good mood.

As I approached the kitchen, the smell of chili overtook me putting me in even better mood.

My brother was already stuffing his face as I sat down at the dinner table. I sat on the opposite side of him as my parents sat down as well.

We chowed down once we were served. The small talk we participated in was not as entertaining as the thoughts that were going on in my head, thoughts of my wonderful day.

I tried to restrain my excitement, because I already decided that I wouldn't tell my parents about the good news until tomorrow.

Once I had finished my meal and clearing my plate, I put it into the dishwasher and then made my way back up the stairs.

I popped some chocolate chips in my mouth (yes, I keep chocolate chips stored in my room...don't judge) and then did a belly flop onto my unmade bed.

I closed my eyes and began to re-watch the events of the day.

I grinned like an idiot when James asked me to be his girlfriend and giggled at myself as I decided if I should take us offer into consideration. I remembered thinking of saying no. I knew I should have said no, but I didn't. I had only really known James for a short period of time, only a fool would say yes, but then again, I am a fool.

I saw James' smile consume his whole face when I said 'yes'. The hours that followed that consisted of loads of laughter.

As my mind began to go into complete flashback mode I heard a tap at the window. I sat up and went over to it. When I saw who it was, a smile spread across my face.

 It was James.

I unlocked the window and in just seconds James was lying comfortably on my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He put his hand on his heart and pretended to act hurt, "Don't you want me here?"

I smiled," Well of course, but we do have a front door."

"Well it is tradition to climb through your window and sneak out."

I giggled at his comment remembering the first time I had even snuck out of the house to go to the park in the middle of the night, but then I remembered when James came over and accidently spent the night. And finally remembering breaking my arm.

"I guess so, but where are we going?"

James looked at me a smirked, "It's a secret."

"Should I change into something 'nice'?" I asked him nervous as to where he was taking me.

"No, your laid back outfit is fine. Ready?" James asked gesturing toward to the window.

I back quickly away and told James I was going to use the front door like normal people do.

I told my mom I was going out with a friend and she didn't ask more assuming I would be with Laura, so I didn't volunteer any more information.

I met James in front of his car and he opened the door for me.

We were driving slowly down the road talking about life in general as I began to recognize where we were headed. Even in the dark I could tell where we were going.

We kept driving, but I didn't let James know I already knew where we were headed, so when we pulled up to the closed coffee shop I gave James a confused look.

"This is the first place I look you, I wanted to take you hear again, ya know, for old time's sake," James informed me.

James had the keys to the coffee shop since his mom worked there and he unlocked the door (after fumbling with the keys for ages).

The chairs were all on the tables and everything was put away nicely.

James led me to the back room that we had caught Jason kissing his girlfriend in and then through another door that led to almost like a living room.

There was an old t.v, old a table and across from it was a dusty, black couch. In the far side was a fridge. In every corner was a little fan.

James led me over the couch and put in a movie. I wasn't sure what movie it was though. I plopped down onto the couch as a cloud of dust overtook me.

"Sorry, Jessica," James said and I assured him it was okay.

The movie started when James sat down handing me a few chocolate chips he had gotten from the fridge.

I laughed as a wave of memories flooded me.

James was recreating almost every time we had hung out. This time he was recreating the time we hung out at my house watching Barbie movies and eating chocolate chips until he got bored and we did makeovers.

I snuggled up into James' side as we watched the movie. I can't believe James is watching a Barbie movie.

Not caring that I had school and work the next day, I closed my eyes and before I knew it, I was asleep drifting into memories of time James and I had spent together.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*• ++**++**++**++**++**++**++**++ *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: My eyes are filling with tears (sort of) I can't believe this is the last chapter. I am so sorry for the wait, like I said, I wanted it perfect.

I am going to include some important sequel information in an author's note to come, so please read it. 

As for now I have a few favors to ask...

Comment. This is your last chance to comment on this book!

Vote. If you haven't done so, now is a great time to do so.

Follow. It would mean so much to me if you would.

Read the sequel!

~AMY