Chapter 14-Twenty Questions

Jessica's Point of View

 Life needs to make up its mind, are James and I supposed to be friends or not? One minute he is awesome another minute he is a jerk.

When people say life is a roller-coaster, they aren't joking. Speaking of roller-coasters, I am hungry.

 Wait that has nothing to do with roller-casters. Oh well, it's just my thoughts. It's not like anyone is reading my mind trying to make sense of it.

Right?

 Even if there was someone in my head reading my thoughts, they would not understand my level of amazingness. I need to be entered into a mental hospital, immediately.

I mean who skips down streets arm linked with their enemy whilst having a conversation.

I was snapped out of my thoughts about good mental hospitals near where I live, when James decided to trip over the invisible bolder on the sidewalk (the one I was trying to avoid, because tripping an over an invisible bolder would be embarrassing).

 I wasn't able to catch myself from falling since my hands were linked with James', so I fell and hit the very soft ground.

Wait that is not the ground, its James. I quickly leaped off of him, so the sight of us sprawled on the ground would not scar innocent bystanders.

"James," I whined, "why did you fall over the bolder in the walkway? I was trying not to make a fool of myself in front of everybody."

 He looked at me confused, I am guessing because he didn't see the bolder on the sidewalk. "What bolder?" he asked.

 I smiled to myself, I was right, he doesn't believe in invisible things, so he couldn't see it. Kind of like how that girl in Tinker Bell didn't believe in fairies.

Well not exactly.

 "Never mind, you didn't see the bolder," I said disappointed.

 He looked at me and chuckled, "You are something." I gave him a big toothy grin.

I was standing over him and reached my hand out in order to help him up. He grabbed my hand gratefully and I helped him up.

We linked arms once again, and began shoving flyers into people's hands as they glared at us.

I don't think they appreciated it. We entered another small café locate in the center of town. "Excuse me, sir, may we hang up this flyer in the front window of you shop?" James asked while I looked around remembering once again I was hungry.

The owner nodded his head allowing James to tape it up.

As James turned around from facing the window, I slipped into one of the booths that was on the opposite side of the café and held a menu in front of me in hopes to keep myself hidden.

 I let out a deep breath when I thought I had gone unnoticed. I lowered the menu only to find James sitting in front of me, pretty much inches from my face.

Of course it scared me, so I let out a small scream that was so high pitched it could be recorded and be used as a dog whistle.

Is this seat taken?" James asked me. His question puzzled me, but I replied to his question anyways, "No," He smiled at me, "Do you mind if I sit with you then?"

 "In fact I do, since you are a stranger" I told him.

 He gave me a pouty face that caused me to giggle a bit, "Well maybe if we talked a little, I wouldn't be classified as a stranger anymore."

 "Okay," I said agreeing with his suggestion, because he was my ticket home if I didn't want to walk. But he didn't need to know that was the reason I agreed.