Chapter 20- Champions

Jessica's Point of View

"Remind me why I agreed to hang out with you again?" I questioned James as we got out of the car.

"Because you love me and I am awesome!" he shouted.

It was a Friday night and for a change I wasn't spending it alone in my room, no I decided to go to hang out with James.

What a great idea.

"Come on," James complained as he dragged me into the bowling alley. Before I even had the chance to take one more step into the under cleaned building, the smell of popcorn, greasy pizza, stinky shoes, and sweaty people overwhelmed me.

How could people spend a whole evening here? I am only here because this is what James wanted to do and I didn't have any other suggestions.

"What size?" the young boy at the shoe counter asked me.

I thought about it for a minute, and when I couldn't remember what size shoe I wore, I gave the boy a give-me-just-a-second look and removed my shoe.

"I need a size ten in women's," I told him, "and I need a size 13 in men's," James said.

When the boy came back with our shoes he said, "Wow, if you two got married and had kids, they may be mistaken for big foot."

"We are just friends and our feet aren't that big," I told the rude blonde haired boy.

James looked at me and laughed, "Yes, Jessica, we kind of do have large feet."

I grabbed the shoes from his hand and marched off.

I heard them both of the meanies laugh at me, so I turned around and stuck my tongue out at them, which of course made them laugh harder.

I slipped off my other shoe and laid it down beside me on the chair. I untied the dirty laces on the bowling shoes, and put my foot into the nasty shoe.

I am not usually a like this but, just think about how many people have put their feet into these shoes. For all I know the last person who wore these could have had toenail fungus and didn't wear socks.

James already had his shoes on and was hovering over me practically breathing on my neck which is something I hate.

"James, would you take a step back?" I said annoyed.

He looked at me like I was crazy, and maybe I am, but I don't care.

"Move," I commended as I finished tying my shoe.

"Okay, okay," he putting his hands up in self-defense.

I jumped up from where I was sitting, "Let's go get some balls."

James burst out laughing and as soon as he did I realized what I had said, "James, you pervert, you know that's not what I meant. Now stop laughing," I said trying to stifle a laugh.

"Ooo, I want that one," I said pointing to a sky blue bowling ball.

"Here," that blonde boy from the shoe counter said. I didn't even realize he was standing there.

"Thanks," I smiled and grabbed the bowling ball.

James gave a weak smile to him as well, but it wasn't hard to tell something else was on his mind.

After James chose a forest green ball, we headed to our lanes.

"Jessica, I have to warn you, I am a great bowler, so you may need to get out a piece of cloth you can use to wipe away you tears when I beat you," James said arrogantly.