Chapter 16- Learning the True Intentions

Jessica's Point of View

"Jessica, get your butt down here. Mom doesn't want you to be late on the last day before the weekend," Will shouted at me making me jolt up

I dragged myself out of my bed. In less than ten minutes, I was ready to go. I am not like some of the more typical girl who wake up at 5:00 to get ready. I am more of the person who will get up twenty minutes before it was time to go and spend most of the time eating rather than doing make-up and picking out clothes.

I put on whatever is lying around. What can I say, I am a lazy child?

I ran down the stairs, trying to get a rid of the wrinkles in my snoopy shirt that says "Full Time Job" on it with an image of snoopy sleeping.

"Hey mom," I said cheerfully trying to hide how tired I was. I decided I would have a large, sugar filled breakfast to keep me going so I don't fall asleep in class.

I usually only have a nibble of everything in the kitchen, so in reality, I really don't eat much. Today I had a sugar filled bowl or cereal, toast and homemade jam, chocolate chips, and orange juice.

"Watch out world, Jessica is going to be on a sugar high," I shouted to the sky as I walked to the bus stop.

Mrs. Hamilton, an old lady in my neighborhood, is the old grouch that every neighborhood has, and conveniently she was out walking her poodle when I screamed that, so she glared at me and so did her freshly groomed poodle. I didn't even know dogs could glare until I met that lady and her stuck-up dog.

I made it to the bus stop right on time, all the other kids were just boarding. I "gracefully" climbed the stairs and made my way to my seat.

When I say gracefully, I mean more like I had two left feet. Not very graceful.

I must have fallen asleep on the way there because in a matter of what seemed like seconds we were pulling into the parking lot and kids were pushing and shoving in order to get out of the cramped bus.

I was one of the last people to get out of the bus.

I already had all my morning books so I didn't bother stopping at my locker.

"Jessica," I heard my name being called but I didn't know who was calling it or where they were so I turned my head to see if I could see whoever it was. When I did, I ran into a girl in my class, Lauren.

"Watch out," she yelled at me as if I had created the worst crime in history.

"Sorry," I mumbled noticing a pink slip of paper that fell from open book bag that looked like everything that was in it was about to spill out like lava from a volcano.

I bent down and picked up the paper she dropped. I called her name, but she only looked back and gave me the "evil eye".

I let curiosity get the best of me and even though it wasn't mine I decided to unfold it.

It was written in an oddly familiar hand-writing.

Jessica, looks like you haven't taken any of my notes to heart. Well that may just be a problem. I saw you and James at you little "date" last night in the park. I hope you had fun, because as soon as I win my ex over, James, you won't be spending anymore time with him. I will make sure of that. Well since I am James' recent only ex-girlfriend I guess you know who I am now, yep, I am Lauren.

Hugs and knifes,

Lauren

My first thoughts were"

1) What did she mean our little "date"?

2) We were not on a date! It was more of a hang out between two enemies. That's normal right?

3) How did she know about that?

4) Wow she is a stalker; I am a little freaked out.

5) This is weird, I am talking to myself.

I finally reached my homeroom. I stuffed the paper in my back bag and sat down.

"Jessica, how come you didn't answer when I called you name in the hallway?" Laura asked.

Oh so that's who was calling.

"I am sorry I didn't hear to," I lied

"Oh she said," looking sad.

What did I say to hurt her?

I was getting bored of just sitting in my seat, so I decided to go be social for a change.

My whole class is in the same homeroom so when I saw James, I went over to talk to him.

"I am so tired and it is all your fault," I teased.

He looked at me like I was drooling a green liquid.

"James?" I questioned.

"What?" he snapped.

"Someone is moody. I can tell you are just as tired as I am," I said.

"Umm, Jessica? Why are you talking? I don't what I hear you voice. It gives me a headache," he told me.

"James?" I asked him.

He got out of his seat and grabbed my wrist.

Once he were out of the classroom he began to talk, "Jessica, I had a great time with you last night, and I would love to hang out with you again, but I you are a nerd. I don't hang out with people like you. It is not good for my social rank. I told you how I am trying to beat my brother, because he is smart, athletic, Mr. Popular, and according to a lot of girls he is 'hot', and if I hang out with you, I won't have a chance to beat him with my high social status," he told me.

I looked at him, "That's why you wanted to hang out in the middle of the night? I knew you were a conceited jerk, but I didn't think you were that concerned with how popular you were,"

"It's not like that," he said trying to justify his stupidness.

"Yeah, I think it is. You are so concerned with how you look you don't care about the rest of us 'nerds'," I said.

Just when I thought I had a friend, I realized I was just being used. And to think I was beginning to develop as crush on him just like a little ten year would. Well any feelings I had for him are gone now that I know his true intentions.

"James, once you decide what you priorities are, come and tell me. Okay? I don't want to be your fake friend that you are using to seem better than Jason," I told him anger evident in my usually calm voice.

 "I am sorry Jessica," he said as if sorry was going to fix it.

We headed back in and sat down.

I am not very good at making good friends. I have one obnoxious friend (Laura), one almost dead one (Katt), one jerk who doesn't know what he wants (James), and one billion (give or take a million) people who don't even care (the rest of the world).

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*++**++**++**++**++**++**++**++*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: Hey amazing readers! I hope you liked this chapter that just goes to show life stinks and guys can be jerks.

The shirt Jessica is wearing is one the side. I don't know why but I love that shirt.

Random thought: Why do people always say "as if I had two left feet"? Why don't they say two right feet? That just occurred to me as I was writing the scene at the top.

 I just want to say Oh. My. Gosh. I am so happy to see all the reads, votes, and comments I have received. My last chapter got like 14 votes, about 3 comments, and around 90 reads. I am so happy you guys are so amazing I am so appreciative. You guys are the best reader I could ask for thank you for your support.

 Vote is you liked (15 votes maybe...no pressure)

 Comment if you have suggestions, advice, or random thoughts (4 maybe?)

 I will update regardless of how many votes and comments so don't feel pressured.

 Follow if you LOVE the story!

 Share.

 And keep reading.

 'AMY