Chapter 2-School

Jessica's Point of View

The car ride home was rather quiet, I didn't say much and neither did my brother, Will. Once I got home I completed my homework, then took a shower and went to bed. Don't judge me I don't have much of a life.

I got up early the next morning. Threw on a random t-shirt I found on the floor and put on some faded jean I pulled out of the dryer. My hair went up into its regular messy bun. Once I was ready, I eat breakfast. Then slipped on some shoes and made my way to the bus stop that was right around the corner.

"Jessica!" Katt said, "I had to tell you something last night, but you never replied to any of my texts."

"Oh," was the only sound that slipped mouth, I hadn't slept well, and was very tired. I was not going to be a friendly person throughout the day.

"Nerdy Girly," I heard my name being called while Katt went on-and-on about how her family would be going away for the break that was coming up.

"What do you want?" I snapped at Chris Thomas who was right behind screaming in my ear. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him. I know all he would do making fun of me.

"Aww come on Jess, I was just being friendly," he said in a sweet voice.

"Don't lie to me Thomas. The last thing you would ever do would be being nice to me," I said harshly.

I continued up the hallway hearing Chris calling my name every-so- often. I got to my first class of the day and took my seat. The only seat left was the one next to the one Chris sat down in, I have no idea how he made it into all the advanced classes.

By the way he looks you would never guess he was even a little bit smart. He had dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and he was very tan. He usually wore a pair of jeans that looked about two sizes too big and a wrinkled t-shirt. I honestly don't see why so many girls like him, I don't think he is that hot and he is a major player.

Mr. McSmithy walked in and noticed where Chris was sitting.

"Mr. Thomas, I do believe that we agreed that from now on you would be sitting at the front of the classroom, where I can keep an eye on you as if you were a two year old." Mr. McSmithy said. Chris' face went red when Mr. McSmithy referred to him as a two year old.

"Yes, ma-ma. Oh sorry I meant to say yes sir," Chris said earning a few laughs.

"Please come here, you and Ashley can trade seats for now," Mr.McSmithy said. They traded seats and then the lesson was begun.

Before I knew it math was done, and I was on my way to my next class.

English went well; we spent most of the time preparing for the test ahead of us, because I was well prepared for it I zoned out most of the class.

Science was my next class after English, our teacher passed out the tests when I got my my mood went from bad to worse. He gave me a disappointed look, the test was upside down on my desk. I was prepared for the worst. 'Ohmygosh," I thought "what if I got a 94, that would be the terrible."

I flipped over the paper, and what I saw made my sick. On the top of my paper was a-a...95 written in red ink. "So much for my perfect grades this semester," I mumbled to myself. I then decided that all my free time would be used to study for my next science test. Okay, maybe I am over reacting a tiny bit, but my grades are important.

"For homework," my teacher said, "you will be doing the questions on page 241, and then read the next seven pages; finally you must summarize what you read into a 300 word essay. This will be due tomorrow, and will count for a regular homework grade."