Chapter 15- Hanging out at the Park with "Romeo"

Jessica's Point of View

"Hasn't anyone heard of sleep?" I mumbled to my vibrating phone that was lying on my countertop.

I got out of my warm comfy bed to see who was texting me at 1 in the morning.

James: Remember when you said you would hang out with me? Well it's time!

I read his message that is so very creepy in so many ways, especially since I was receiving a message like that in the middle of the night.

I decided to ignore it, so I set my phone back down and crawled back into me bed.

No sooner was I drifting off when I got another message.

I once again slowing got out of bed a rubbed my eyes.

James: Jessica, look out your window. I didn't stay up this late for nothing.

I walked over to the window sulking. I was missing out on my beauty rest or a Chris would say my ugly rest.

I opened my window as a gust of wind blew in freezing me almost to death.

I was on the second story of our humble home, so if I was to fall from my window I could die or be paralyzed. And that has always scared, but I decided to push away my fear for just a moment.

I looked down at James standing down on the ground giving me his award winning smile.

He had a rock in his hand and threw up at me. He had great aiming; the rock went right threw my window and landed on my bed.

James gave me a nod telling me to go get the rock.

I did.

Around the rock was a piece of paper.

I went ahead and unwrapped the paper it read:

Jessica use the ladder and get your butt down here.

I smiled, that was a great way to put it.

I looked out the window and there the ladder was.

There is no way I am climbing down that thing it looks very wobbly.

He waved his hand signaling for me to come down.

I didn't move, instead I shook my head wildly.

He grabbed the ladder and began climbing up the ladder, it shook and creaked. I was scared to death. What if he fell and died?

He swung his leg over the side of my window and grabbed my arm.

"Come on. I have a great idea as to where we can hang out," he told me.

"Hang out at 1:56 in the morning at a unknown place, ya I don't think so," I snapped.

When I am tired like I am now, I am not necessarily the nicest person.

He pulled my arm so he was half way out the window and I was almost pushing him out.

"Shh," I quieted him.

I didn't need my parents hearing us and coming up here.

He swung his leg out the window and began crawling down the ladder.

I took a deep breath and followed him down.

I have officially gone out of my mind.

The ladder wobbled, but I kept climbing downwards.

Once I was near the bottom he grabbed my waist and put me on the ground.

"James," I hissed," it is like 2 in the morning. I am tired and I am in my pajamas. What do you want?"