Chapter56

Edited by Nokotoy

XXx....................................................................................................................................................XXX

The Frosts' family had stood for a very long time. From the start, the rules of the house had always been that all the property of the house will be passed on to the eldest son as long as he had a male heir to passed on to. Or else it will go down to his younger brothers.

It had always been like that in other's houses too back in those days.

Everyone had their share of property but the 'property' that falls to the main heir they talked about was a lot. As in taking charge of all the property while a few of it was distributed among the rest of the family to start building their own fortune. The incoming from the various companies like shipping, factories etc they built back then was a lot.

Times might have change but the rules are still followed today by the Frosts to show respect and honor for family. Kellan's the oldest but he can't seem to have a son with Margaret. He's very hard working and respected by the family especially by his father and he thought that that'd be enough even if he don't have a son that was why he dismissed Archer's mom Loren's emails and texts about Archer. But, the old man was stern, deciding to pass on to Archer's uncle. That's when he decided to take Archer from Loren who gladly hand him over. In exchange for money enough to feed her off a lifetime.

Archer remembered the day her mom had for the first time took care of him. He thought that he had done something to please her mother and she was going to do it every day. His heart was filled with hope.

Then, when he asked her, she laughed mockingly at him.

She bath and dressed him only to drop her off the Frost's mansion. Even there, the maids tended him, Mrs. Frost called him with names such as whore's son. The sisters ignored her, embarrassed about his existence. Mr. Frost never took second glance at him. He treats him like an object, a ticket or a paper to all the property.

Since Archer's the only son he'd have to inherit the property one day. Every one of the family knew so they always give him a cold shoulder, saying things like, 'tainting the family blood', maybe hoping he'd run away from it all. As much as they hate it, it had to be done.

Archer stays in the mansion for a week, when Mr. Frost realized that Archer's existence can cause the family a bad name, he decided to hide him. Passing him to a couple. Again, in exchange for money.

After he finish telling her about it he didn't dare look up to see her expression, afraid that she'd realized how unworthy he is and change her mind. This was why he never told her. His gripped around her waist tighten, afraid to let it go.

Ellie couldn't keep the tears from falling. Archer should be the one crying after all the terrible things, she thought that happens only in movies, that he went through but she's the one who's crying!

She was so angry for that and furious about the way his family had treated her. Now she understands what Kane had said. His family treated him like a mere object, going on all business on the little boy.

Little boys should be going out, having fun with friends and get lots of kisses of affection from mom not worrying or desperate for his parents' affection! No wonder he had no clue how to show her how he feels or how he cared for her. He acted on pure instincts not really understanding what's proper or not and crossing lines.

"I hate them. I hate what they did to you."

He turned his head and frown when he saw the tears, he reached up to wipe it.