Chapter19

EDITED BY : euphoria1594            

FINALLY THE DAY OF the trip had arrived. Her aunt helped her packed so she threw almost everything in her bag, making it heavier than necessary. She didn't have the heart to tell her aunt 'no'. She sighed as she waited for her friends outside.

Then, he came out. He was clearly stalling for some reason because he got a car of his own. She wondered what happened to him after that evening. They haven't spoken to each other after that evening. Maybe he was waiting for his friends too as he checked his phone, not even acknowledging her. He stood a few distance away.

She decided to ignore him too and mentally rechecked her list. Wait! Her torch. She quickly turned to her house. Then, she remembered she just can't leave her bags here as he might try something. She decided to let him know that she acknowledge that he was only one around if anything happens. Indirectly, of course.

''Archer, will you please watch my bags?"

''Why? Is it going to do a trick'' he raised a brow.

Ellie blushed. He's a bully, Ellie, not a thief. She told herself. He's such a bipolar. He turns hot and cold, always.

She entered the house, leaving him.

THEY LINED UP AT the school courtyard. The teacher stood in front of them with a mike.

''Okay students, you are going to stay in pair'' *cheers* ''But, we're pairing you up''

''What?''

''Boo'' the students weren't too happy.

''Oh, man. What are we? 8? We can pair up by ourselves! '' Amy grumbled.

''Oh my gosh! Ellie, Amy. They're separating us! What if I need you? What if little Ellie needs us? What-''

''Enough, drama queen'' Amy pushed her, rolling her eyes. Ellie laughed.

''Hey, hey, hey. Enough'' the teacher's voice silenced them. ''Just listen to your names''

''Connor and Jackson'' the list goes on, ''Ellie and Tracy''

Ellie didn't even know who Tracy was! Tori and Amy were already called out so she couldn't ask them. She looked around to see a thin girl, very thin girl approaching her. Ellie was worried wondering if she got enough food to eat. Then, she remembered some girls preferred to be that thin. She had bleached blond hair. She was tall but still wore high heels. Ellie was amazed as she wondered if she was an expert with heels as she was wearing them for field trip.

She didn't even look at Ellie when she came to stand near her. Then, she realized Tracy is one of the girls who didn't like her.

''Archer and Kristen''

Ellie could see him standing a few feet away, looking bored as always. The girl Kristen approached him with a wide smile, obviously happy to be paired up with him. The smile soon died when Archer said something to her. She looked so scared; she retreated away from him quickly. Archer is so rude. She pitied the girl.

''Hey'' Tracy snapped at her. Ellie gulped and looked up at her, ''Are you and Archer an item?''

''Item? ''

''Is he your boyfriend or not''

''N-no'' she looked at her with wide eyes.