Chapter35

Edited by: Ravyan786Asro

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ELLIE WAS BUSY BAKING lemon cake. It was night already yet she baked.

She washed the dishes while she waits. Archer had always stayed with her whenever he can. They'd cuddled while they watch t.v, whenever he got the chance. He'd kiss her. Often. She blushed at that thought which was crazy.

He left a few hours ago. He kept on sneaking into her bed at night then kept his word and leave when she fell asleep.

She smiled when she heard the timer shutting off. She carefully took it out and breath in the lovely smell.

It was like a welcome home cake for her parents whom she expected the next day. They definitely can't finish all so she'd give some to her friends too. And Archer. Her eyes widen. She shook her head. She'd gone crazy, she shouldn't be even thinking about him. No. No. No Archer. He won't even get a piece of her cake she decided.

She cuts it and took a piece to the living room and devouring it while she was watching 'The mentalist', paying it her full attention. She had a feeling the waitress was the killer! They're definitely cool. Maybe she'd be lucky enough to be a mentalist in her next life.

That's when she heard the glass crashing making her jumped literally then froze.

It came from the back of the house. The kitchen. It was dark. It can't be children crashing her window with balls or something. She swallowed. Should she call out, 'Hello? Who's there.'

But, before she did. She realized it was stupid. It's not like the killer or thief or who or whatever it was in the kitchen was gonna' yell back, 'In here!'

Crap! Where's the bat.

No time to search so she grabbed the nearest object. The small side table.

She slowly approach the kitchen as quiet as she can as she could hear the sound of her own heartbeat hammering in her chest.

As she was about to enter, a man appeared out of nowhere making her shriek out in surprise.

He was very thin, with wild messy hair which was clearly dirty and unwashed. His once white shirt was dirty too and had blood stains on them. His eyes were bloodshot red, obviously high on something. Her heart was pounding with fear. A thief!

"Where is she" he rasped out. Not in the sexy way Archer's voice rasped out. She?

"Um.. " She didn't know what to call him, maybe some chivalry would win him or something, "sir. I'm sure this is some mistake. I clearly don't recall me or my parents being acquainted with you"

"Where is she!" he bellowed again making her take a step back.

"Please, sir. I don't know who you are referring to."

"My fucking wife! Aubrey. I know she had been her. I know you hid her here. Where is she now! " He's waving the shiny object in his hand. A knife!

Her eyes widen. Now she's terrified.

He's Aubrey's husband who had been abusing her. Now she gets why she had said it would be dangerous for her to know about her whereabouts. Ellie doesn't know yet he's here! He's clearly a violent man. And he had a knife on his hand. He's definitely going to hurt her.

She needs to call 911. Her phone's up her room! If she ran to the living room to reach for landline. He'd definitely stabbed her before she finish dialing or worse make it.

However, going up to her room means she can lock herself in there. Sure, he can break down the door but she definitely will have time to call for help.

"Please calm down" She stalled, "It's true that she had been here but I really don't know where she is now."

"You are lying! She my wife!" She shouts first, "She can't leave me. She'd been here last so she must've left some clue. She can't leave me..." he voice croak at the end.

That did it. Acting like he cared. She bet he only want her back for a punching bag. She had no right to interfere or judge him but she just can't help disliking him. She had a bad feeling about him.

"You hurt her. That's why she did it" she blurted out which was the wrong thing to say.

He looked up at her and gave her a cold glare. "No. I was only teaching my wife a lesson. It's a husband job"

She gawked at him. She can't belief he said that! He was definitely crazy. She was moving back inch by inch unnoticeably while they talked so that she may gain advantage by the space between them when she run up to her room.

But, she stopped thinking about it when she heard that. She thinks twice before giving him a piece of her mind. She refrained as he look quite..unstable.

"As you can see. She isn't here and I really don't know where she's at" she eyed him cautiously. Please leave my house. She added mentally as she can't really try to chase him out openly.

"No ,no ,no" His eyes gleamed first then shook his head before he studied her.

"It's your fault" He whispered. Wow, now he blames her!

"She never had the guts to leave me. Someone must have encouraged her but she talks to no one. I make sure of that but now That excludes you. She came here so you must've talk with her. You must've have said something to her" He said coldly making her shiver with chills. "You will take responsibility" his eyes roamed over her body. "You're going to pay for it. That pretty mouth of yours will definitely do it. No, your hot little body too. You are replacing him in every f**** way" he licked his lips and advance to her. Ellie doesn't really get what he meant but her instincts told her that it wasn't a good thing. And that she should run. She was revolted by the way he eyed her.

When he advanced another step, she threw the side table at him and splint back then fled as fast as she could. She didn't have time to look if she hit the target.

As she ran up the stairs, she could his loud footsteps behind her.

"F***** bitch!" he yelled.

She was never a fast one but when you're afraid of something that doesn't matter. She encourage herself to keep on running. She can't stop. That's when she was grabbed by her foot making her stumble on the stairs.

"oft" she grumbled as she scraped her forearm. No time to whine about it.

She thinks quickly and kick the hand hard with her other leg and she heard him grunt before he lets go. She straightened quickly and resume running.

"Run, b****. I love the chase. Gets me harder" He laughed behind her like a loon.

As soon as she entered her room, she locked it quickly and heard his fist banged against it in a second.

"You're not safe in there!" He shouts, "Come out, come out pretty girl and play with daddy, I'll go easy on you"

Daddy? What does he mean? He is not even her dad! He's definitely crazy. Plus, she didn't want to play with him. Ever.

She backs away and pushed the drawer against the door. She knew it won't hold him in for long so she moved towards the bed, knelt in front of it and picked up her phone with her trembling hands.

She could feel the tears were forming. No. She doesn't have time to be a baby and cry. She shook her head. She needs to call the cops and fast.

That's when she was suddenly picked up by her waist making her gasped.

NO!!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/n: 1.Sorry guys for the wait. Something bad and embarrassing thing happened to me last week (on weds). I tried to see by crush by walking by his classroom. Then, I missed a step while I was busy looking through the window, sprawled right in front of the class and sprained my ankle (Fortunately, he was absent) It hurts like b*****. I took pain meds and sleep all the damn time so I couldn't even think about other things than sleep.^^

Anyways, double updates tonight! Thanks for all the votes, reads and comments.