Chapter36

She could barely make her fingers work as she dialed. That's when she was suddenly lifted up by the waist making her gasp then shouted out loud while she struggled against a surprisingly strong arms.

NO!!

"No! Let me g-"

"Ellie" Archer! She turned to face him with relief and tears welled up her eyes for some reason. But words failed her when she saw his murderous expression.

"Go lock yourself in the bathroom and call 911" he said coldly and nudging her towards it. Wait, he's planning to let her run and leave him with the lunatic man? No way.

"No Archer, come with me"

"Now, Ellie"

"Please Archer. You don't get it. He's a grown man with a knife. He even hurts his wife" she told him as she pulled him by his wrist so he'd understand Mr. whatever-his-name-was, was a dangerous man.

He suddenly twisted his arm and he was now grabbing hers and pulled her towards the bathroom.

"Stay in here"

"Please, Archer" she said hurriedly as it all happens so fast.

"Call 911 so that to make sure he'll make it" he said in a deadly tone as he closed the door behind her. That made her freeze. Archer was more worried that Aubrey's husband will not make it.

She shook her head and call 911.

ELLIE HEARD CRASHING sounds out there, once in awhile, making her jumped every time. She paced in there. She had called 911 and they're sending cops. They'll be in here in any minute but she can't help but wonder what's happening out there.

Why was Archer so stubborn? He could've stayed with her in there yet he chose to go out there and fight him. She knew that he fights well but she can't help but worried about him. What if that man stabbed him? He'd be tired and his fighting skills would be useless. Only 5 minutes had passed yet it feels like an hour. She can't just stay in here and hide like a coward.

She reached for the knob and unlocked it but she failed to open it! Her jaws dropped. That... bas- Archer had locked her in! she took deep breaths to calm herself.

That's when she heard the sirens. Cops! Finally. Her body sagged against the wall in relief.

A few seconds later, she heard the lock clicked and she moved back before the door opens.

"Archer!" she flings herself right into him. Reaching up to wrap her arms around his neck. Archer instantly lifts her and she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"You're okay" she whispered against his neck. She felt him buried his head into her mop of hair and breath in.

"You're okay right?" she repeats and pulled back to study him. He nods while he studied her back. He had a small thin cut on his cheek, probably a knife missing a deep cut, and a few other cuts and scrapes on other parts of his body. His shirt was wrinkled and torn at some places.

Then, she realized that she jumped on him without considering him!

"Sorry" she said quickly and try to climb down but he won't let her. He took her to the bed and sat there while she straddled him.

"I'm fine" he assured her. She moved again but he tightened his hold "Need to touch you" he growled and she nods. Her heart did a flip. His chest now pressed against hers, their face was so close.

She lightly touched his cheek, around the cut.

"Does it hurt" He shook his head.

"It will a scar" she said again. Wanting him to blame her for it.