Chapter 12

Edited by: BombaySapphire

''Isaac? '' Ellie exclaimed in shock as he lifted his head to meet her eyes all the while wincing in pain. No wonder he didn't make it to practice today. The poor guy was busy being beaten to a pulp!

''What happened?" Her eyes swept over his body as she panicked seeing all of his injuries. It seemed like he was beaten up, and badly. His nose had dried blood on it and a bruise had started appear on his left cheek as well as on the corner of his forehead.

''Who did this to you?'' She whispered in astonishment. He was breathing hard and just grunted in reply. 'There is no way he can stand up on his own', she thought to herself.

''Wait here", she says quickly and tried to stand to get help for him but he halted her by placing a hand on her wrist.

''No',' he says hoarsely, his breath coming out in pants. "Don't call anyone, don't leave", he said through much difficulty. She wanted to protest but seeing his vulnerable state, she was out of options.

She bit her lip thinking if it was the right thing to obey him. "You're injured. How do you plan to reach home?" She asked softly. She wanted to help him but couldn't figure out how.

''Just let me rest for a minute or two." She frowned at his words but then he added, "Then you can help me hail a cab?" He asked uncertainly. She nodded with a smile and he relaxed against the wall.

"Of course", she replied and sat by him in silence. After a couple moments of silence, she bit her lip but still asked.

''Who-, who did this to you?'' she asked hesitantly and carefully. She didn't want to come out as too eager but she couldn't help herself.

He shook his head in reply.

''Oh'', she frowned in reply.

''I wish I could-," he started as he noticed her disappointment. But she halted him with her words.

''Maybe I could help you, someway", she suggested feeling upset for her friend. Isaac was a nice guy; she didn't want him to be hurt.

He gave a sardonic laugh which she instantly disliked. ''That's very kind of you but you can't. But as a gratitude for helping me out, I want to warn you. Be careful in trusting the people around you. They're not what they seem to be", he looked directly into her eyes and she recoiled slightly at his words. What did he mean by that?

She frowned, ''But-''

''Will you help me stand now?" She wanted him to explain what he meant about his cryptic advice but decided against it. He was already injured and she knew he wasn't going to elaborate.

''Sure'', she replied heaving a sigh and helped him up and hired a cab for him. As she saw the cab drive off into the distance, Ellie wondered who could be responsible behind it and what his warning meant.

IT WAS SATURDAY AND Ellie went out for a walk with a joyous mood and a vibrant smile gracing her face. She greeted the people around as most of them were familiar to her and the others she had seen around. When she walk passed a flower bed, she stopped to admire its beauty as it was gorgeous. While she stared at the flowers, an idea hit her. She should buy tons of flowers since Archer hated them. They'll have thorns too so it will be highly unlikely that he'll be able to destroy them. She'll keep buying or plucking them from the forest nearby until he gets the point and stops bothering her by coming into her room whenever he pleases. She smiled widely at her thoughts. She was still confused how he managed to enter her room even when she locked it and checked it too.