Chapter14

Edited by : BombaySapphire

Pic : Isaac

X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x  x x x x X

''GOOD MORNING, ELLIE. How about some coffee? '' Anna turned and almost dropped her cup.

''What happened, you look horrible!'' She gasped, hand flying to cover her mouth.

''Thanks for boosting my confidence, Anna'' Ellie replied dryly, her eyes burned from tears and all puffy and she was sure her hair must look like a bird's nest.

''Tell me, you know you can trust me'', Anna coaxed gently.

''Archer happened!'' She cried throwing her hands up in the air.

''What did he do this time?'' Anna asked with a sigh.

''Well, I was starting to have fun, talking to a guy friend, which doesn't really happen to me in a long time, I mean starting a conversation with anyone beside my friends? It's such a rarity for me! Anyway, he barged in and carried me out like a caveman! Can you believe that? Then, he says I belong to him as if I'm a toy and accused me of teasing the boys'', she blushed remembering his exact words and added, ''Then he leaved a mark on my neck!''

She pushed her mane away and showed her Archer's mark. Anna's eyes widened and her jaw dropped before she recovered and smiled softly. She looked homesick as if she was reminiscing.

''What's wrong?'' Ellie asked quickly, forgetting all her problems.

''Nothing'', Anna smiled weakly and added, "Just missing him.''

''Logan?'' Ellie smiled back and she nodded in reply.

Logan is Anna's boyfriend. They're high school sweethearts and still so much in love that Ellie's heart melted every time she looked at them. Anna seems to turn into jelly every time she talks about him. Anna had befriended him when no one would as he used to be quite chubby and tall. In just a month or two, he became miraculously thin, lean, fit and of course popular. He helped her aunt got revenge on her ex. He thought she used him and they got into a fight for awhile but, seems like they've worked out their problems as they're pretty serious right now. Cliché as it gets but adorable nonetheless.

''I'm so sorry that you have to babysit me. I can call-", Ellie started but Anna cut her off.

''Don't you dare do something of that sort! I wasn't trying to be dramatic or anything. Something you said just reminded me of something", Anna said with a shrug.

''Which part?'' Ellie asked curiously.

Anna grinned as if hiding something, ''I'd reveal too much for Archer'', she said with a smirk and headed towards the kitchen.

''What? That's not fair!'' Ellie complained. 'Why was Anna being so secretive and why did she mention Archer?' Ellie thought with a frown.

Anna laughed at her fully and then said, ''Here's some advice, try being nice to him and maybe he'll return it." Ellie almost scoffed at Anna's words.

''It's impossible. Archer doesn't do nice", Ellie replied solemnly.

''You won't know unless you try'', she ended with a shrug.

ANNA WENT OUT TO buy more groceries later in the day leaving Ellie alone at home. Archer was outside washing his car which caught her off guard. Ellie pursed her lips, stopping herself from ogling him. He looked so good in his wife beater and khaki shorts callously while she looked like an old hag, lost and found, that morning. Now that she thinks about it, she never really got the answer to why he was always so mean to her. Maybe she should try her aunt's suggestion. Archer might return the good behavior. Maybe he wants to be nice but doesn't know how to start.