Emotions

Previously
They watched as I fought with the same skill as Brandel, surprising him by incorporating other skills. They watched as I finally flipped Brandel to the ground whispering "Guess you  shouldn't have taught me those moves." But not hearing what I said.  Brandel uncovered a gun from his holster and I pulled my spare gun out and fired twice.
Three shots rang in the air and a searing pain shot through my leg. We both went down and I crawled over to his dead corpse and quietly whispered...
"I'm sorry father."
-------------
Deeks POV
It was blurry, there was no pain. There was nothing. I watched the scene as it changed before me
"Daddy looks! Looks I hit the mark." 6 year old me excitedly screamed as I held my pistol.
"That's my boy. Look at him. He can hit the centre of a target at 500 meters away." He bragged to his friends and I saw me grin, opening my split lip in the process, causing it to bleed. My eyes got drawn to the ugly bruise on my forehead, then the scene changed.

"Always watch your opponent! You only have a few seconds difference between life and death!" 6 year old me tried fighting for the first time, failing miserably. I scrunched my eyes as my dad started beating down on me, leaving me unconscious and bloody. The scene went black.

I killed my father. I acknowledged him as father. But did he deserve to die? Yes. He beat you and your family to a pulp on multiple occasions! He killed your mum! My breathing increased as my mind fought with itself. I heard the rapid beeping of the monitor and then nothing.

My eyes opened and in front of my was nobody. I sat up and my mind fought with itself. I stared straight, not acknowledging the doctor or the nurses fussing over me. I had to think. My mind was clearing at the fact that I called him father, not dad. My father hurt me. My dad cared for me.
----------
Third Person POV
The day's flew by. A week has passed and still Deeks didn't acknowledge anyone, no matter what they did. He stared blankly, no emotion showing on his face. His physical wounds were healing nicely, but the mental ones were still open. A week and a half has passed since Deeks woke up and the scars were beginning to scab. One night, everyone was gone for a break, to grab some snacks except for Michael Williams who sat by Deeks bed.
-------------
Williams POV
"Come on Marty, come back to us."
Moments past before a reaction finally occurred. Marty looked into my eyes and finally spoke.
"I killed father. I killed our father." My mind span and I was happy that he finally spoke. I was also happy that he called him father, not dad.
"No. You killed Brandel."
"He's the reason we're alive."
"He's the reason we almost died."
"But-"
"No buts Marty. You can't worry about this. You can't blame yourself. He wasn't our dad. A dad was supposed to tuck you in at night. A dad was supposed to say encouraging words and let you get educated. He wasn't our dad. The people who were our dads were the people you took us in. The people who we took the last names of."

With that silent tears streamed down Marty's cheeks. I opened my arms and Marty fell into them, digging his face into my shoulder, wetting my shirt with tears. I look up and see the door open, all of them crowd at the crack. I signal with my hand to go away and they do.
--------------------