Chapter 15

One day later

Emmett

Addie has been sleeping a lot and eating a little more than normal. I didn't want to have to us the alcohol but I had to stop her. I feel like it was my fault that she started cutting again, I made us come back here. When she cried about how it burned her you could hear the pain in her voice, it scared me and I hated what I did. When she fell asleep on my lap I started crying, I caused her all this pain even after I told her I would never hurt her.

We are laying in her bed and she's asleep on my chest. She cold and keeps shivering even though we have like ten blankets. I couldn't fall asleep, I feel awful and my mind won't let me.

Addie stirred a bit, "Hi Addie," I said quietly.

She yawned and slowly sat up, "I'm thirsty," her voice sounded strained a little. I nodded and left to get some water for her.

I was back in a little less than ten minutes and handed her the water. She quickly drank it all and excused herself to go to the bathroom.

When she came back out she seemed a little off and angry. "How'd you find it?" she asked.

"I put myself in your shoes and thought," I answered.

"I want it back," she said.

"No," I said firmly.

"Please," she sounded desperate.

"No Addie, you're better than it."

"I just want my blade," she sat on the ground and cried.

I held her and tried to sooth her until she stopped crying. "You can get through this, please."

"I need it," she said.

"Addie I won't let you, I love you to much."

"You don't love me, you left me."

"And I regret it so much."

We sat quietly for an hour or so until I heard her stomach growl, "lets go get food," I said, "We can go out."

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable with the cuts."

"I don't mind so much, I'd rather have you and them than just have them."

"Okay, let me change," I saw her quick smile when she turned around.

Ten minutes later and we were on the road. We weren't going anywhere fancy just that old diner down the street. After we ordered it was quiet and a bit awkward.

"Sooo," I said.

"So," Addie repeated.

"So I want us to move back to the apartment," I said quickly.

"I don't think so, I mean I'm sure somebody else rented it by now."

"We still have it, I live there."

"You never left?"

"I could never leave you Addie, you should know that by now."

"I guess, but I don't know if I should go back."

"Why not?"

"Emmett, you broke me and even though I still love you it hurt."

"I know and I'm sorry, I will apologize until I die if I have to."

"I forgive you but I," she sighed, "ugh, I don't know Emmett."

"Think about it." Our food came and we ate silently. After I paid we headed back.

We were laying in her bed, well I was semi sitting and she was trying to sleep.

"Hey Addie?" I said.

"huh?"

"I'm sorry," I said.

"I know, goodnight."

"I love you."

"love you to," she yawned.

I layed there and watched her drift off, eyelids fluttering.

"Addie?"

No answer.

"Addie?" I tried again.

"What?"

"Will you marry me?"

Her eyes immediately slammed open and she sat up to look at me, "What?"

"I don't have a ring now or something cheesy planned but give me a week and I can properly ask you. But I don't want to wait. Will you marry me?"

"yeah, sure why not."

She smiled and layed back down. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

----

A/N

*cries dramatically* one more chapter (the wedding *one year in future*) and that's it! I almost don't want it to end! I feel like I've grown with the bryce boys, new and old ones.

vote

--Alexx