Chapter 13

day of funeral

Emmett

I haven't spoken to any of the Bryces since I left about four days ago. I know what I did to Addie was wrong and I feel awful but I can't be with someone who I have to constantly be worried about when her mood is off or sad. I'm going to the funeral today and I hope Addie is doing better, a little bit at least.

Harry-

I've been staying at Addies because she's heartbroken. I went to check on her the day after she left and she was laying in her bed crying. She handed me Emmett note and I instantly felt raged. Shes barely left her room except to go to the bathroom and I have to force her to eat. Shes cutting more too, she thinks I can't tell but her wrist is gradually getting worse and I don't even know where else she may have cut. I've checked the bathroom for her blade but I can't find it. I've looked everywhere.

"Addie," I said walking into her room, "Addie, we have to leave soon, please shower and get dressed." I helped her stand and walk to the bathroom. While she showered I looked for something for her to where. I grabbed a black dress that wasn't to short but not to long and grabbed some flat black shoes.

We have to head over to the house so I can get my suit and change. Two limos will pick us up from the house and take us to the funeral home.

Addie--

I jumped in the shower.

ow. shit. fuck. My arms hurt so bad. I've cut a lot since Emmett left. I don't care anymore, I have no reason not to. I quickly got out and tried to look nice. Hair done and make-up decent. On my room Harry left clothes out and I put the dress on. It didn't quite cover all my scars but it covered enough. I walked downstairs and Harry was waiting to go back to the big house.

The car ride was rather quiet. "Harry," I said, "Thank you."

"Of course," he said. We pulled up at the house and got out. Grant and Kyle hugged me and we walked inside. I have yet to talk to Steven but my mom took an intrest in me.

"You look lovely Addie," she complimented.

"Thanks," I said. My dad hugged me before walking towards my mom. We waited for the limos while sitting in the living room. It only took about a half an hour.

We piled in five and six. Me, Kyle, Harry, Louie and Grant in one and everyone else in the other. The ride was short but nobody wanted to get out. After everyone went in the funeral director, Mr. Gray, took my parents to talk and left us in a sitting room. Soon after my parents returned we had a family hour. After an hour of tears and hugs other people were aloud in. I saw some family members and some people from school. Harry and I were sitting together when Emmett and Shane walked in, together.

"What are they doing here?" I asked.

"Addie, Shane was like a brother to me and Emmett was basically a father to Jack."

"I'm going to get some water," I said. I walked down a few stairs and opened the fridge to grab a water.

"Hey Addie," Shane said.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I heard about your recent break-up and I was thinking-"

"that's a first," I interrupted.

He looked mad and walked closer to me, "I was thinking," he said through gritted teeth,"we could get back together."

"We were never together."

"Maybe we could just fuck again," he suggested.

"I fucking hate you," I said as I walked away.