Chapter 12

Next day

Emmett-

I can't believe Jjs gone. I was practically his father and Addie his mother. We raised him and we had done good. I looked at the clock and the numbers read 6:48 a.m. I wasn't going to get more sleep so I sat up and noticed Addie gone, she probably just went to the bathroom. I thought for a bit. Jj and I playing pirates in a pillow fort. The time he started school and didn't want to let our hands go. So many good memories. I'm going to miss him so much, I wiped my eyes and stood to find Addie. I checked the kitchen and grabbed some orange juice. She wasn't there so I checked the bathroom.

I knocked, "Addie?" No answer. I knocked again.

"Yes?" she said.

"You okay?"

"Yes. I'm just going to take a shower."

"Okay."

While she showered I cooked breakfast and Kyle called me.

"Hey Kyle, what's up?"

"You guys coming here round nine? My moms trying to plan the fu-" he stopped and took a deep breath, "you know."

"yah, we'll be there."

"Alright bro, see you then." We hung up and I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Come on Addie, we have to leave soon," I yelled through the door.

Addie-

I told Emmett I was gonna take a shower so I hopped in. The water burnt my fresh cuts but I had to stay in because Emmett might get suspicious.

"Come on Addie, we have to leave soon," he yelled through the door. I quickly shut off the water and wrapped up. I walked out of the bathroom and to my room to get dressed.

"Eat before we leave, its on the counter. I'm going to shower," Emmett said.

I slid on jeans and a long sleeve shirt. It completely covered my wrists and my thighs. I put my shoes on and tried to eat. I took a few bites and then stopped, why should I eat when Jj can't?

Emmett came out soon after. "Not hungry?"

"Not at all."

"We have to head to the house today, your mom needs help." I sighed. "Come on Addie, we'll do it together." We left and drove to the big house silently. When we got there it was pretty quiet. Mom and dad and everyone else was sitting in the living room. On the couches and floor. I sat in between Emmett and Kyle on the floor and we listened to the funeral director explain about caskets and the average one. Food, guests, family hour, all that shit. When we were done we each had jobs.

Flowers- Annie and Tyler. Food- Grant, Kyle and Steven. Guests- Harry, Louie and Spencer. Pictures- Ethan, Jake, and Griffin. Emmett and me had to pick out his clothes and things we wanted him to be buried with.

We don't know what outfit yet, but some special toys came to mind. His Elmo doll he got on his fourth birthday. His favorite blanket. its green and he carried it around until a few months ago, he even named it green.

We have to do this all rather quickly. We only have a week at the most.

Kyle and I went out back to talk for a moment.

"How you holdin up?" he asked.

"fine."

"Liar."

"Kyle! shut the fuck up. Nobody is holding up."

"I'm sorry Addie."

"Can you just leave me please," he walked back inside and soon after the door opened again.

"Addie, you can't bite Kyles head off for trying to be here for you," Harry said.

"Leave me alone Harry."

"Addie, come on. don't shut me out and don't leave me again."

"Harry shut up."

"No. please talk to me, I'm here and I want to help."

"No, now please leave me the fuck alone."

"Fine," he said. "Try to fucking help and she is a total bitch," he said to himself walking away.

"Really Harry?" I yelled, "I'm a fucking bitch, please elaborate."

He turned around, "you are shutting out and not talking to us, Emmett said you aren't eating and now you're yellling. You aren't the only one who lost Jj. We all did."

I stood up and punched him again and again. Grant finally came running out and grabbed my arms. Harry stood up and ran inside. Grant loosened his grip but moved it to my wrists causing me to yelp in pain. He quickly let go and asked me what the problem was.

"You gripped my wrists to hard," I tried.

"I barely had them."

Emmett, Kyle, Steven and Harry came back out to check on me. I told them I was fine and could take care of myself. They left me with Grant once again so we could talk.

"Addie, I barely had your wrists," he said.

"Yeah, you did. Really hard actually."

"Show me the marks then."

"No."

"whatever." he walked away.

Emmett came walking shortly after, "Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm okay! Can everyone stop fucking asking me that!" I sighed.

"I meant your wrists. Grant told me that you said he grabbed you to hard."

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Let me see."

"No Emmett. I'll be fine."

"Addie, just let me look," he grabbed one and pulled up the sleeve. He didn't say anything, he just walked away and I cried. After an hour I calmed down enough to drive. Emmett took our car but I borrowed Kyles and drove home.

Emmett wasn't there. His stuff was mostly gone. on the bed there was a note.

'Addie,

I made you promise to stop because I love you. Just because I left doesn't mean I don't love you or I'll never come back. I lost Jack to, we should have gone through this together, but I can't. I'm going to stay in town until after the funeral.'

I layed down on my bed and cried.

--

A/N

vote xD

--Alexx